Wednesday, August 27, 2008

it is night, the children are nestled all snug in their beds, Zulu is on the floor asleep beside them and Snowball is asleep on the floor outside their room in the doorway....the kitchen is clean, the dishwasher is going and so is the dryer and the washing machine and i have blown out the scented candle for the night and i am longing to talk with my friends and so, in my usual style, i feel like i am taslking with my friends since i usually do all of the talking like i am doing now....by the way, i am working on listening and not always telling my story except on this blog, of course,...i cant wait to visit with my houston loved ones (friends and family) and see if you notice i am a beter listener......i bought some pajamas for the first time since third grade and i have them on now and am loving them......dont worry, they are not baby dolls, more like a trucker's jams and i love them....sort of loungie type.....i am waiting for the dryer to stop so i can put another load in and start another wash load.......with the boys, the washing machine is going everday,,,,,i remember this from when my children were young that everyday was wash, dry and fold day......and i had a full time job all of the while...i amaze myself.....i really dont know how i did it, i guess i didnt know any different and really there was not choice, and those were the days when all of the house work was "women's work" and i would have considered it an insult if Norman had tried to help me with any of it.......those were the days......really, they were such tiring and such wonderful times....i believe i had and have the most wonderful children in the world and i am thankful i realized while they were with me as small children, that they were treasures entrusted to me by my Father in Heaven........boy did i love mothering them....now this great opportunity to relive it on a completely different angle with my dearest grandchildren in indiana...........hopefully, when i get to my houston home in december, my little Karsen will remember me and how much i love him too and hopefully he will let me love on him and hold him and rock him to sleep.....he may have grown out of the rocking to sleep and i will have to just live with that sweet memory.....i am truly a blessed woman to be able to grandmother my four grandsons.......thank you, Lord...........jk

1 comment:

Unknown said...

JJ, I'm so proud of how productive and active you've become! No doubt those boys are loving it (and Michael too!).

Mostly I'm excited to check out your new and improved listening skills.