Friday, August 22, 2008

well, it is 7:58s.m. snd i sm alone in the house.....the last thing Michael said before he left to take the boys to school, was "boys, grammy is no longer in charge, Daddy is back"....this was in response to one of them saying "Grammy said for us to do this"......yesterday afternoon Michael regained the reins of fatherhood and the needs of his boys......last night is the first night i have slept alone since i have been here..,.Michael told the boys that everyone was to sleep in their own bed.....i arose this mornng after a great uninterrupted night of sleep, showered and then fixed breakfast for the first time on a school day for the boys..breakfast consisted of bacon and eggs with a choice of orange juice or miik (our habit had been to speed through mcdonald's drive through for apple juice and a sausage egg and cheese mcgriddle--which is not he healthiest thing in the world and costly, however, it was the best alternative i chose for getting the boys ready, fed and to school)........this morning the boys woke up without my song of "rise and shine" and were so excited to see me up and about and cooking breakfast.....Aidan attempted to sing "Rise and shine" but that was quickly drowned out by chatter from the other boys....man alive, do i love these boys.......their daddy awoke and told them to get ready for school and they told him that they were already ready and they had had breakfast and brushed their teeth...,.it was a proud moment for me......then they all got in the van with their daddy and drove the old familiar journey to school.......i know i will miss this part of my helping up here, but it is great to be able to watch Michael "father" his sons.....continue to pray for peace at this homefront and for God's hand to continue to be on this family....God is so good and blessings are being felt daily.....my precious Tim Chapman, i pray that his Florida home was spared of flood waters....i have heard nothing since last night when Suzy forwarded a text from Tim requesting immediate prayers to stop the flow of water that had already covered his entire pasture land and was creeping toward the home......I praise God for his avenue of prayer and the assurity that i know my prayers are heard.....Blessed Tim, i hope the next news we hear from you is good news......my friends, please pray for him and his family.......well it is 8:10 a.m........i wonder what i should do.....the kitchen is clean and my bed is made.....my mercy, i am loving this life....jk

3 comments:

vicki said...

I am sure you are finding things that need doing, but it's amazing how much has been done by 8:10!! I suggest calling the yard man, etc. even though that is easy to put off. Remember I am chomping at the bits to share unsolicited advice, so call any time!!

sj said...

My goodness, I am loving reading about your life! What joy! I love your business with the Kelley Crew!

vicki said...

JJ, It's 9:49 am on Sat! No post yet?? What up with that!! don't go "Saturday Slacker" on us! Your groupies are hovering...waiting for the update