Friday, January 16, 2009

I find myself posting later and later in the day. At least this post is not done in the wee hours of the morning.

This morning, I took care of Karsen while his mother got ready for and attended her interview with the temp agency for the lab tech job. While Ramona was filling out papers for the temp agency, her phone rang, but she did not answer it at that time. When she left her interview, she found out that the call was from the city of Jersey Village wanting her to turn in an application for a job with their city. So she came home, and while Karsen was taking his nap, she went to Jersey Village to turn in her paper work for the job. Hopefully, one of these will result in a job for her. She still is planning to get a teaching job for the fall if that works out. She looked very nice when she left for the interview. She looked like a "grown up". She is usually dressed in jeans and a t-shirt and this was a glamorous change for her.


I took over Karsen's care at 7 a.m. and returned his care to his mother when she returned at noon. Karsen and I enjoyed our morning together. I fixed us scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast. I fixed egg-beaters. I added cheese to the eggs and we both enjoyed it. This was the first time he had eaten eggs and he really went for them. We then went outside to fed the fish. Next, I played with him for a bit and then he played with his toys in his playpen. He took a 30 minute nap around 11 and he took a two hour nap from 1 to 3. These are very enjoyable times for me and he seems to enjoy our time also.

Tonight I babysat for Karsen again while his mother and daddy went out to eat. Karsen cried for a few minutes when they left, but then he played in his playpen quite contentedly while I watched Bill O'Reilly on TV. Then I put Karsen to bed at 8:15. When it is time for him to go to bed, I just say, "Karsen, it is time to go to sleep", and he just lays his head down and goes to sleep. He is really such an easy baby to take care of . I honestly enjoy it so much. I feel very fortunate to have him at my house. This way I have someone to see and spend time with every day and I cannot, and do not hibernate. Karsen is my little friend. Life is good.

I dont have any plans for tomorrow, but I will let you know what occurs, if anything at some point tomorrow.

May God richly bless you, my loved ones. jk

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Karsen sounds like a PB (Perfect Baby).
You are so blessed (As I am) to have both older Grandchildren to talk to , play and laugh with--and ---precious babies to cuddle, and love on.
I'm afraid I've been hibernating a bit too much. Do you think it's because of the cold temps we're having?
Love your Blog. Enjoy your church tomorrow.
LTY---Kathryn