Sunday, January 04, 2009

Well, i seem to be in a bit of a slump. My knee continues to give me instability in my walking. The pain increases as i walk on it. Yesterday i didn't use the walker around the house at all, but this morning and in the night, I was having difficulty getting to the bathroom and such. I do have an appt with the doctor on Monday--tomorrow--at 2:15. so, hopefully, I will a plan of action and will begin to be hopeful after that. Right now i have a feeling of disgust with my self and fear of failure in my quest for a healthy body. What in the world is wrong with me? I guess i must not want it badly enough, although that is so hard for me to believe. But, what else could it be? It is really so simple, take in less calories than you did the day before or that you take in usually and only eat healthy amounts and healthy foods. disgusted with my situation that I have gotten my self into. hopefully i will have hope after my doctor's appt tomorrow,

I did not go to church this morning because i am unable to walk with any ease even with the walker. I do not want to draw attention to myself and i am telling you that i would have the whole church concerned about "what in the world has happened to Jan while she has been gone".


I do plan to go to Ladies' Bible class. I believe it resumes this Wednesday. I will go to ladies' Bible class even with a walker because there are less people and there is no rush to get to my seat. I am excited about resuming my fellowship with the saints at Champions.

I am posting this little somber sonnet, just so you will know i am alive. i will post more after my doctor's appt tomorrow. Hopefully, that post will be uplifting and funny and we can move on down the pike with a quick step and a jolly countenance.

Hope all is well with you and yours. jk

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm finally back in town for a while and I was so glad to hear from you.
By the way, while I was attending service at my beloved St martin's today-- I saw many, many ladies attending with walkers. Even using their walkers to go the altar for communion!
If they can do it So Can You!
I am so anxious to hear what the Doctor says tomorrow so be sure to 'POST' as soon as you can.
Now that you are back in Houston you can CALL me and it won;t even be Long Distance! If not, I will be content with your "Informative Blogs'
As always, wishing you and yours the very best always but especially in 2009.
LTY---Kathryn

vicki said...

I am all about that jolly countenance and I know you can pull it off too. I look forward to the doctor's assessment and hope you will be encouraged by his words. It would be nice if there were a quick fix, but I think it's the dreary "one day at a time" that you will have to work with. But what ever it is, I know you are capable of working the plan, especially with the encouragement you will get from the doc and his staff.

Lyndsey said...

Tell that doctor he has until June to get you back in the land of prime knee function. After seeing your moves at C&B's reception, I imagine Andy & Jessica will expect a similar show with poor unsuspecting groomsmen!

rd said...

I believe yesterday was your appointment day. What did the Doc have to offer? I hope he had help to offer and that the help will not be a big problem. Let us know as soon as you can.