Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Yesterday I arose and immediately began to get ready for Ladies' Bible class. As I was walking out the door, Ramona, said, "I thought your Bible class was on Wednesday." My mercy, I had been so excited about the return of LBC attendance, and anticipating being able to go to Wednesday night class at church, that I failed to realize that Wednesday had not yet occurred, and the day I was "in" is called "Tuesday". Oh well. I plan to get ready in a few minutes and go today.

Yesterday I did get my nails done for the first time since I had had them done in Newburgh, Indaina, on December 19, 2008. They looked really bad and now they look really nice. I did not go to my old place. This place is much less costly. My old place was too pricy. I realized that when I went to the nail place in Newburgh. Thank goodness for lessons learned in Newburgh.

BTW: the Joe B., who commented on my posting, is my Newburgh, Indiana, Sunday school teacher, Joe Bradford. He is the husband/father in the family who took care of my grandsons at the last minute on Christmas eve. He has a blog called the Unchurch, which is very thought-provoking and by "provoking", I do mean "provoking". (Joe's got the gift of being a provoker of thought.) Very stimulating. You might want to take a peak and make a comment. Ronnie, are you listening?

The Bible class tonight at church is taught my favorite Champions' teacher, Bill Rascoe. It is on the Song of Solomon. Our church is having classes on the topic of "Lessons from Soloman" both Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights. I am anxious to sit at Bill's feet and see what he has to teach us. When I was listening to the Bible-on-CD while on my journeys to and from Newburgh, I regularly talked to my smartest friend in the world, Ronnie Wiggins, who helped me with questions that arose while I was listening to the CD. Ronnie, I will prabably be talking with you about this study too. Bill is a great teacher and is very wise for a young man of thirty something. He is our Involvement Minister and I truly believe he is the catalyst of growth that our church is experiencing. People are placing membership regularly. I just realized that I have been gone since June, 2008, and have only been to one service, but a young family and two other people placed membership last Sunday and the auditorium is full. The minister, Larry Keele, is a good man of the word. I am a blessed woman and Joe Bradford held the spiritual baton for these Christian teachers who bless my life here in Houston. (and in Maypearl)

Ramona is looking for a job. Please pray for her. I think she is frustrated at the difficulty she is having. She is a dear young lady and she has steadfastly worked so hard to get her degree. I am proud of her and wish for her to be able to accomplish the things she desires to accomplish, and more importantly, the things God has in mind for her to accomplish.

It is time for me to stop posting and get ready for the real day of ladies' bible class. I will post more later.

I am noticing that I seem to be sort of jubilant about the day's events.

May God richly bless you, my loved ones. jk

3 comments:

vicki said...

God bless your jubilation! I am so glad that you have returned to Champions. I know that they have missed you and are welcoming your return to church and class. the Lord will bless you for seeking out the community of believers wherever you are.

And I am so glad your nails no longer bring reproach on the Cardwell name. Goodness knows the rest of us see that as Priority One. We were about to ask that you begin to use your middle initial rather than the whole word in your blog title, but the crisis is averted.

So what is the LBC studying? Looking forward to your post.

Lyndsey said...

JJ - How was class? The people need to know???

Lyndsey said...

(JJ - you should also give Aunt Vic a fish update - I know she's been eager for one!)