Thursday, January 29, 2009

Nothing much is going on here. I continue to have great difficulty getting around. I must have a cane, and probably should be using the walker. If I were in Newburgh, I am confident that I would be using the walker, but as I have told you, my pride might prevent me from using a walker in Houston and it has and I dont use it. I just keep my "goings" to Walgreens every once in a great while, and to the "nail" place every two weeks and to Ladies' Bible class.

Boy, that Ladies' Bible class is wonderful . Casandra Martin is a member of our congregation and she has taken the responsibility to teach this class. I was too late last week and the door was locked, but I was two minutes early for class this past Wednesday. This class is such a blessing to me. I know it is also a blessing to every lady that is in attendance. The class participants are all ages and various races but, we are all one in Christ Jesus. Our study this spring is "Through the Eyes of Jesus". God is everywhere, and we are encouraged to look for Him in our daily walk as we go in and come out. We work to notice Him in His creation and in the actions of people as we view them interacting. For the Bible says "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart." Jeremiah 29:13. Also, John 13:34,35 says, "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." So I am actively looking to see God's hand in this life I live, and to demonstrate His love to those whom I encounter. What a glorious day this is.

This morning I watched Karsen, as I have requested to do many mornings. While I am with Karsen, his mother, Ramona, uses the time to do whatever she determines she needs to accomplish. Karsen stays with me while I am getting ready for the day. He plays with some "toys", actually little plastic bottles and other useless items which I meted out to him as I was clearing out some of my drawers in the bathroom cabinets. These "toys" are kept in a large green purse and Karsen only plays with them while I am getting myself together in the mornings. He plays quietly with occasional interaction with me. Regularly, he wants me to open something for him and he regularly smiles at me with a desire, I feel, for me to reciprocate, and I do. What fun times we are having.

Then we both go out to feed the fish. When I am through getting myself together, I tell him "It's time to put up the toys." and he puts them in the green purse. Then I say, "It's time to go feed the fish." He then "runs" out of the room to the door to the outside and we both go out to give Helen, Robert, Oscar and Vern their food for the day. If the weather is nice we will say outside on the glider for a bit. Lately it is too cold for that so I say, "Let's go get breakfast" and he dashes to the door and we enter to the kitchen.

Then he plays around in the kitchen and possibly in the pantry as I prepare our breakfast. This morning we had egg beaters with cheese (cheesy eggs) and he also always has milk. I put him in the high chair and we say a blessing prior to eating. I take his hands and put them in the "prayer pose" while I thank God for our food. I must admit that I am holding his hands a bit tightly at the end of the short prayer for he is really ready to eat. Then I release his little hands and we begin our meal. It is such an enjoyable time and I enjoy so much his anticipation of each step of our morning. I look forward to the day he does not try to pull his hands apart before our prayer is over.

When breakfast is over, I either take him into the family room and put him in his playpen, or I clean up the kitchen while he plays around. Actually we always go into the family room, but one time we really did remain in the kitchen while I cleaned up and he played around. My back and knee wont handle this anymore so we regularly go into the family room and his playpen.

Ramona got the job. She will begin her paid training this coming Monday from 7 to 4. Her job is as a lab tech for a company named POLARIS. The week after her training, she will begin her regular shift which will be 11p.m. to 7:30a.m. They have told her that she may have to work overtime some mornings if they have not reached their quota of lab tests that they have contracted to complete. This will be hard on her, but is really best for someone with a child. She will put Karsen to bed each night and she will be home to get him up in the morning if I have not already done so. Then she will determine when her "night" will occur and Matthew and I will take care of Karsen while she rests. I am so happy for her to have a job, because she has worked so hard to get a job and applied for so many jobs. She realizes that she is under-employed for someone with a degree--her new "boss" told her the same thing. He said that this was all they could offer her at this time. This company is 5 years old and they do lab work for other business all over the nation. This is the Houstyon branch and I believe they have a location in Indiana, one in the western U.S. and one is possibly located in Canada. They provide her a lab coat and allow her to wear jeans and tennis shoes on the job. The head guy from Indiana found her resume on some internet location and called her and asked her to go to the Houston location for an interview. He then called her today to tell her she has the job. The Houston interview-man had told her she would know something by Friday and she knows today. She is so excited. It will be March before her benefits kick in and I dont really understand that unless they need her to show she is serious about working for them. Anyway, that is how it is. Another great thing is that this job is 7 miles from our home. she doesnt even hae to get on thefreeway. God is do good to His children. Please pray for her and for this company while she is working for them. Thank you.

I have resumed my evening tv watching-- of Fox news-- and am enjoying it. Bill O'Reilly is my favorite because I feel when I look passed his brashness, I get to hear what I really feel is unbiased reporting. He has liberals and conservatives on there too. Of course, he takes the helm in every conversation and if he has a side, he allows himself to over-talk his guests. Sometimes his guests are prepared for this "over-talking" and they "over-talk" him to the best of their ability. I continue to pray for our country and for our president. The economy woes have touched me. I must remember that this world is not my home, and that God is truly the only one who reigns. Then I need to be a good steward of the monies He has entrusted to me. We can pray for each other.

May God richly bless you, my loved ones. jk

1 comment:

rd said...

Has the fact that your last two blogs have come on consecutive Thursdays mean that Thursday is now your blog day of choice? I am happy for Ramonna. Her new job sounds important to me even though you say she is over qualified for it. Karsen is blessed to have a grandma who loves him and enjoys spending time with him. Take care of yourself and swallow that Cardwell pride that prevents you from using the walker. If it helps and relieves a problem, do it. This advice is coming from one of your spiritual guides so you are obligated to follow..please.