Friday, January 09, 2009

This has been a good day, I met my friend, Kathryn, at La Madeliene's at 11 today for lunch. We visited and visited and stayed until 1. I remebered why Kathryn is so dear to me. We enjoyed each minute sharing and catching up. We made plans to meet next Friday at 11 at La Madeliene's for lunch again. This may become our time together to catch up. We are both great fans of each other and we are good for each other. She is the kind of friend that allows the isit to end and you dont fee guilty leaving. This makes one want to get back together again soon. Great times.

I returned home in time to sit with the fish for a few minutes., They are not too responsive to me, but I feel they are not intolerant of me. That may be as good as it will get with the fish and me. I will be content with that. OUtsidew on the patio, I listen to my radio on the Christian station and listen to the chimes hanging at the corner of the patio and the wall. I see the sunshine up above my neighbor's roof and feel or see the result of the breese as it blows the leaves on the dainty limbs of the trees. It is very peaceful out there. Hearing the two water falls is a very calming thing. Life is good.

Then I went inside, asked and was given permission to rock my grandson to sleep for his afternoon nap. He only takes one nap a day. He felt so good in my arms and he went right to sleep. He slept for two hours. Now you may think, "Does she want to hold him for two hours while he sleeps?" and the answer is "yes". Now his mother and daddy want him to be able to take his nap by himself and not need to be held. I am just so ready to hold him sometimes when I am here. He is so precious to me. It is really wonderful to be able to see him everyday. I dont want to bother his parents and I would never hold him for a nap if they didnt to want me to, but sometimes it is so nice.

Then I went into my bedroom and talked to Vicki, which is always so enjoyable and am now on the computer, in case you didnt realize this. I enjoy my bedroom with its door, which I can close when I want to be alone...and I do enjoy my "alone" time. I have my Christan radio going all day and my lamps on and it looks so nice in here. I do have a lot of straightening up and cleaning to do, but I am pacing myself on that. I did bring the trash can in here so I can clean out my medicine cabinet of vitamins and medicine that I have had for literally years. Some of the bottles have not even been opened and I hae had them for years and years. I look forward to getting everything where I want it. I am excited about this. I have been gone for so long that I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the things I have in this room. The walls are lined with paintings form my Grandma Cardwell. These pictures are pictures I have seen during my lifetime on the walls of my house or my cousin, Betty Ruth Tynes' home. Now they line my wall behind my headboard. The room is really pretty. I had purchased a bedside table and a chest of drawers before I left for Newburgh, and they are really pretty. Also, I have my mother's coffee table in here with pictures on it. I remember seeing this coffee table in our home for my entire life. Now it is in my bedroom and I really do enjoy being in here.

Ramona and Matthew have put up most of the Christmas stuff and I am in the process of rearranging the things on the shelves in the family room to be just like I had them and how I liked them. I do enjoy my home even though Matthew and Ramona and Karsen are living in most of it. I do have my bedroom and bath area, which takes up the entire back of the house. It is my little sanctuary and I love it. It is nice sharing the house with guests that do not bother you. We can see each other and spend time with each other when we want to and then go about our separate ways when we feel like it. Life is good.

Tomorrow I meet my "Second Saturday Friends" at Denney's for the first time since I left to go to Newburgh. I am so looking forward to this. The friends are Ginger Picone, a teacher at Lowery when I was there, Pamela Zellers, my Christian sister and dear sweet friend. Pamela is one of sweetest people God ever created. Such a kind, kind person. The the piece d'resistance: Bobbie McDonald. She is the only friend I ever had that my mother liked to be arournd. Mother loved Bobbie and Bobbie thought Mother was hilarious. When mother would come down here for a visit, we would always go out with Bobbie for a meal. Bobbie is hilarious and my very, very good friend. I am really looking forward to spending the morning with them tomorrow.


I am trying so very hard to eat only healthy things and only a little bit of the healthy food. This is very hard. I was mistaken in thinking that the eating desire would be gone with this surgery. Pray for me. My knee is getting better,bit by bit, each day as the weight falls off incrementaly. I long to be healthy and be able to walk and have stamina to do something besides move from one chair to another or to take ten steps and feel like I need a break. I know the weight is coming off and I am so thankful. I am having to see my doctor monthy, and I am confident that this will result in my accomplishment of my healthy self.

Well, I will close now so I can check my spelling.

May God richly bless you, my loved ones. jk

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jan,
Our "Gab Fest" was a delight. Again, so very glad that you're back. See you next Friday.
LTY -- Kathryn

vicki said...

JJ, don't sweat the spell check. Your phonetic spelling is charming and serve to make the rest of us feel so much better about ourselves. And I suppose "breese" is the British spelling, so that makes you sound European, which I mean in a good way. Not that I don't want to hear about your actual human friends...goodness, some of them are my friends too, but I miss the fish report details. Anyone trying to jump out? Are they skimming the surface since the weather is milder? Has Helen picked a favorite among the guys yet? Give my best to G, P, and B, and next week to K as well. Lylaf

Lyndsey said...

JJ, you know Aunt Vic told you not to sweat the spell check only so she can keep doing it for you - you know how she lives to copy edit!
Am so glad you're feeling better and getting back to being at home.
And don't forget: Live Like Your Liza!