Thursday, January 22, 2009

Well, today has come and almost gone, but some good things occurred today. First I spoke with Vicki, and she always has =words of wisdom for me and sometimes her words really sink in. I have hope after speaking with her. God has blessed me with such a faithful, intelligent and wise sister.

Then I received an invitation to attend a support group session regardng the importance of exercise for the over-weight or even regular person. The meeting is next Thursday at 7p.m. and I have sent in my RSVP. Next I received an e-mail message from my old support lady, Erika, who told me that she is looking forward to seeing me and "getting me back on track" to where I need to be. That is such a gift of words form e. I know that Erika means business---Vicki has met her---and Erika is a determined lady and she hepled me so much before. She is the one who got me in touch with the rehab exercise place. I trust that I will be back in the groove beginning next Thursday.

I am really excited about this. I know you may be thinking ,"Why dont you just do it yourself?"-whatever "it" may be. I am telling you I have issues and self-control is not one of my strengths, but I do trust I can get a handle on self-control and I am looking forward to being a healthy person. I am really relly excited about this.

I fed the fish this morning but they had not eaten the food I left for them last inght. Hopefully by puttng mre food in the pond will not kill them. I was a bit late feeding them yesterday ,but I was on tmie this morning.

Flash is continuing to not remember that he is "trained" to use the bathroom outside instead on on my tile and bath mat. Alas. Matthew always cleans it up, but it ticks me a bit. I do love Flash, sort of, but I have banned him frmo my bedroom and I think he is trying tp puniush me. Oh well. Dont give me a dog.

I am intently watching the actions of our new president and hoping that he seeks the will of God in his decisions. I am a bit concerned about some of the ones he has implemented already. Prayer is so important always, but especially when our president is not proclaiming alliegence to our Lord God in Heavenn.

I am watching Fox news so I am observing those who have their eye on everyone who is in charge. I have no opinion on Caroline Kennedy, in case you plan on calling me and asking my opinion regarding that matter later on today.

I am really trying to watch what I am putting in my mouth. I ma experiencing the feeling of being uncomfortably full----not excrutiatingly full, but uncomfortably full. I have honestly lately been eating things like McFlurrys from Mc Donalds which is ice cream blizzard-type drink. I drink this to get rid of the uncomfortable feeling and it does get rid of it. The only thing is that this in definitely not what I need to be doing. Now that I have admitted it, hopefully I will not do it again.


I continue to have difficulty getting around. I will call my friend to let her know that I will be unable ot meet her for lunch tomorrow. Hopefully the weeks to come will be better for me in the "walking department", and i wll feel more like going out. I am excited about the exercise part of this "getting back on track", even though i really never learned to like the exercise. It is just that there are therapists working with me when I am exercisizing at the rahab place and and they are ery matte- of-fact with me and they dont brag on me all the time like they do in regular esercise places. I need people to be straight forward with me.

I will close now so I can correct the spelling and post this.

May God richly bless you, my loved ones. jk

4 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I'd been missing your entries. Good luck with the rehab place - I'm with you on how awful that is. One day perhaps I will discover my inner endorphins, but that day is not today! Glad you're getting the wisdom from Aunt Vic - she does love to give it! :)

vicki said...

Yep, wisdom and spelling correction are my gifts...I'm just saying...

vicki said...

so you have had some time to think. What have you decided about Caroline Kennedy?

Lyndsey said...

JJ - almost a week has passed and I'm used to reading your thoughts daily! What's going on?