Thursday, September 25, 2008

12 responses. Boy! You talk about popularity! This must be it! I'm there! Bill, actually, i was waiting for you to post and then i would know i was "there". Famiy and friends, Biill is the Involvement Minister at my Housotn Church in Champions. He was first introduced to me when i was in the hosptal for a heart catharization as "Pastor" Bill, and i have preferred to call him my pastor ever since. Never around any of the elders or deacons, of course, but everyother time i am around him. He is hilarious and oh so much a fine Christian man, a great Bible teacher with insight into the scriptures that comes only from time in the Word.

Now, on to my life in Newburgh. The yard man has never shown up. but i hear he is driving around in a new truck. Oh, well. I am still here and i patiently wait, becasue i dont have courage to take any other recourse. I continue to love being with my grandsons and my son, Michael. Michsael sr. is continuing to have some trouble with strength in his hand and now in his upper arm which may mean more surgery. Please pray for this. It would be a major surgery that would take hours, he said, not like the 40 minute surgery that precipitated his "event" in July. He is scheduled for a test on October 1, next Wednesday, to determine if this is necessary. It is like so much of life, that when one feels like one has come to grips with life, that one gets another swift kick. Of course, Michael sr. may need more time to come up with what Solomon. deduced in Ecclesiastes when he searched for happiness in so many different areas and finally realized what the whole duty of man is. Please pray for Michael sr.
I have to leave in about ten minutes to go get the boys. I need to get to the grocery store and the market, before i pick them up. Today is the day i get two boys at their bus stop and then go to school to get our "Tiger Tooner" from practice. I took a nap when i got home today and have really done none of my "chores".
Mathew called and i think i have a roof problem and there is a repeat of a leak in my ceiling that erupts from a pipe issue, that had actually occurred for the second time the day when i left houston to come up here to newburgh in june. Matthew is in the process of determining what needs to be done.
Thank goodness that AIG was taken care of by the government, because that is where all of my money is. My mercy, and we all need money. It seems like it never ends.
Right now i am so concerned about michael. I cant seem to get my thoughts away from him. Please pray for him, i know i have asked this so much in this one post already , but again, i request your prayers for him and also for me to be strong and for these precious boys. There is so much to be thankful for and we must all dwell on those things. God is so good and He has promised to never leave us or forsake us. Blessed be the name of the Lord. jk

3 comments:

vicki said...

I am sure Michael is shaken by this new physical situation. I hope and will pray that the doctors will see a way to relieve the symptoms w/o the major surgery. Also that Michael will humbly face his situation with wisdom to do what needs to be done and that his doctors will be doubly blessed with skill and wisdom to bring healing to Michael. And blessings to you and the boys in your daily walks. So your money is in AIG? Have you talked to your finance guy? We better stay abreast of that situation, I tell you what!

Brooks Inc. said...

Jan-

Up late with tiny tot Eden...praying for you, your sweet grandsons, and Mike. I love you so!

BJB

rd said...

Hey I received your info. and will try to stay in dialogue and offer my keen insight to every issue and problem you face whether real or in my imagination.
rd