Friday, September 26, 2008

Today was pretty routine. I awoke and fixed breakfast of whole-wheat English muffins with cheese, sort of like cheese muffins and sausage with apple cider, because, if you remember, it is cider season. Then we galloped to the bus stop and i came home. i was very tired already because two of my grandchildren had a need to come to bed with me in the night last night and i dont ever sleep as well when one of them is in bed with me. Actually, i went to bed last night with a headache and awoke around midnight feeling better. I went to the bathroom and found Brendan on the floor at the foot of my bed asleep. Aidan had climbed into the bed around ten, i guess. Oh, well. as much as i prefer to sleep alone it is sort of sweet that they find comfort in just being near me if they have a bad dream or something like that. I love these boys.

Michael went to have and x-ray yesterday and a MRIthis morning. If the MRI shows the damage, then he will probably go to surgery pretty quickly. If the MRI shows nothing, then another test will be done on wednesday, october 1, and a solution will be sought at that time. I know i must not dwell on this, however, i am. I must trust the Lord, but i am afraid because of Michael's lack of returning to God.

Today, the afternoon bus was early for the first time and i got to the house literally one minute before it disappeared on the street. So, i was sitting in the driveway and the boys had already gone inside a neighbor's house. Michael jr. called michael sr and michael sr. told him to go outside and look for me and michaeld did and there i was in the drive way. I got the boys and we went home. I know that Michael appreciates everything i do, because he has told me several times and some of those times have been with tears in his eyes. However, it is so important that i pick up the boys every day on time and this is the third time i have not made it and the boys have felt the need to go to the neighbor's house. Michael needs to trust me and i am showing myself to be untrustworthy. I need to feel so horrid about this that i am never late. Today i was cutting it close. The bus arrives daily at 2:50 and i got in the driveway at 2:46 and breathed a sigh of relief. Then i waited until 2:55 when michael jr. came out of the neighbor's house. This is the first itme the bus has ever been early. i had told Michael sr. that i knew how important that it was for me to be there every say on time and i promised that i would be there everyday at 2:3o and usually i am. i guess i sort of felt like i could beat a bus when i know it is always there at 2:50 and i get there at least a minute or two prior to that. Oh well. lesson learned. I just wish i was all good news to Michael and a continual help and not a cause of worry about anything. I know that if i were the parent i would be very upset with momo if she had been late to pick up my chidren three times and it was only september. oh well. Time will tell if i have made a proper commitent to my responsibilities.

The boys mother is to come pick them up tomorrow at noon so they are still here. Michael is in charge so i am "off" right now. This is sort of nice because i have time to post and read the posts of those i love who post also. I might even read the news or watch the news on the internet, if i can figure out how to do that. Well, i love and miss you all.

i need to talk to Matthew and see if he found out anything about the different possibe dammage sites to my houston home.

The front yard here is still bare and i hear the yard man is really enjoying his truck. Supposedly he is telling anyone that asks that he is plannng to come over to my house and finish the job "today"---whatever that word "today" means to him. Oh well, i missed the bus today after promising i would never do that again, so i guess i should not be one to attack the yard man. Wait. I desire to attack the yard man and i will. I have my issues, i know. love to you all. jk

1 comment:

vicki said...

JJ, Mikey is in my prayers and you are too. I hope you will be able to let us know the MRI and xray results by tomorrow,or as soon as you know. Bummer about the early bus, but maybe now you will really do what you said you would do and get there at 2:30. It's hard to be dependable when you haven't had anyone depending on you for so long, but with practice, you can achieve!!
I think you should have a sign painted and put in your front yard that says, "This yard still not finished by Low Bid Enterprises (aka, his own name), X days and counting." You go out and change the X to X+1, X+2, etc, every day til the news reporters hear of it and come to interview you. Surely by then, his mom will be so embarrassed that she will make him to do it.
I don't know, just a thought...