Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ike is here. This morning when i left for church at 8:55a.m., it was more windy than usual, and i thought "Ike" is coming. After church, Ike had arrived with GUSTO and had blown down a few limbs and was blowing the van(I drove the van because i like driving the van and because it was at the edge of the driveway and i would have had to move cars to get to my car). Anyway, i was glad i was in the van because of the strong, strong wind. I did not go to the market or grocery as i had planned, but i did go to the butcher and bought some stew meat, some breakfast sausage and a couple of steaks. I also purchased packaged vegetables to go in the stew i plan to make sometime today. Now i would appreciate prayers that we do not have a bad experience with Ike through consequences of this wind. I hope we dont lose power. There wa a little blip a second ago. This sort of weather is honestly thrilling to me as long as nothing bad happens to me or mine. Church was wonderful with our focus, as always, on the Savior. Song after song, after song, just praising Him and telling Him how much He means to me and that i know He loves me and just praise, praise, praise. I took a long nap yesterday after Aidan's party and thus did not go to bed until after midnight. Then at 2:30 i went to Rawlgreens (that is what my little Matthew used to say)to get my restless-leg medicine, because i realized that i needed it badly. After i took the medicine, i was able to get to sleep quickly. That was around 3:30 a.m. I awoke at 6a.m., stayed in bed and the next thing i knew was that it was 8:00a.m. and church begins at 9:00a.m.and i needed to rush to make it. This church is so close and i made it with about four seconds to spare. Life is good in Newburgh, and i truly believe, that life, with God in it, is just good everywhere. I'm taking another nap. love you. jk

2 comments:

vicki said...

we have dropped the Goode girls at the airport, then stopped by NTB to have the flat fixed, which we had discovered at lunch. Phil had met us and the Thomases at Pei Wei, and fortunately had a compressor with a cigarette lighter plug which we used to air it up and get it home. JB had put on the spare before the airport trip.

Unfortunately our grand celebration of the refurbished auditorium could not take place in the aud. because the pews didn't get bolted down. So we were back in the fellowship hall. So now that the crew has missed the deadline I guess they can relax and go back to no overtime and long lunches.

Brooks Inc. said...

Jan-

I love reading your thoughts!

Glad Matt and fam are good!

I sure love you!I will call soon!

BJB