Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's 9:40 and i am not at Bible study. I forgot and made an appointment for my car to be detailed this morning at 8:30 and didnt think about the conflict until i was almost at Dr. Detail. Oh, well. It will be my loss. I will plan better next week. I have misplaced my phone and, since it is on "vibrate", it will be difficult for me to locate it, so i am unable to get in touch with Matthew or Ramona to determine (what in the world did i touch to make all of the letters do this? I dont know how to s top it, so just be patient with this post, please) what their impression of Ike's role in their lives is. Usually i dont have a concern about hurricanes, but when i am up here and the only info i get is imflamatory, i wonder how my "peeps" are doing and feeling. Today is Aidan's birthday. He wanted pancakes and bacon for breakfast. so he got that. Then he wanted to sit in the front sesat of the car when i took them to school, and he got that. He fell down as he was running to the bus, but he jumped right back up so i guess he was not hurt badly. Today is Brendan's rehearsal asd a member of "Tiget Tunes" , and the boys and i pick him up at 3:10. We will have a fimily party for Aidan tonight. I wrapped his two gifts from me yesterday and they are sitting on the small hearth of the fireplace. He is so excited about them. And he shows them to anyone who walks into the room. He is such a fun little guy. His brothers are dolls too and I am feeling so blessed to be able to spend this time with them and wiht Michael Sr. The yard man was supposed to come yesterday and "finish" the front yard. I never laid an eye on him yesterday and if he came to the yard, he really cleaned up after himself to the extent that there is not a single trace or even a new blade of grass or leaf anywhere on the place. Oh, my. I guess this is to be expected anytime one goes with the low bid. love you all jk

3 comments:

vicki said...

JJ, total bummer about that phone!! Keep looking for it, because I will so miss our tele-visits!!

Kelly Vaughn said...

Aunt JJ,
I love reading your thoughts. I temporairly forgot you had this...and now I will begin checking again. I do think of you when I am posting and anticipate your thoughtful comments. I love you so much. Did you get the books I sent?

Ramona said...

i hope that you find your phone soon. we are a little worried about Ike. the power generator in the garage has a leak, so matt is waiting for his dad to call him back so that they can figure out what he needs to do to fix it. i wish we could leave for the weekend, but its too late now. go find your phone!!!!

btw, i am very proud of how you stopped with the "....." business. it looks much better and is a LOT easier to read.

we miss and love you