Saturday, October 11, 2008

I delivered the boys to their mother last night to Bedford, Indiana, for them to be able toreturn with her to Indianapolis. What a fiasco. She got mad at me, because she is comfortable in chaos and i was the target this time. When she arrived with Troy and his two children to drop them off to his grandmothe, I was told to remain in the car and leave, but i said i would get out of the car and remain until they had left so i could wave good bye to the boys. The entire time the boys were in the car, they wer waving tome, and i to them.They even turned around in the car to wave as the car pulled away.

I have no idea what the topic of their week end will be, but i do know they love their Grammy and their mother, I also know that their mother is saying many untruths about me. I want the boys to be whole and strong emotionally. Pleae pray for them. Please pray for me as i deal with them and with the situation and that i have wisdom to keep my mouth closed when the result may hurt the boys. It is hard for me to be silent when i am being verbally attacked for something i did not do. But the reality is that any words i say only make the situation worse. It is like quick sand. It is difficult to defend against untruths. But i feel if i let the untruths stand , the boys will believe them, so i speak and the quicksand immediately forms and it only hurts the boys to see and/hear the whole mess. I guess i should let the untruths be said and be mute. The only thing about that is that then the boys begin to verbally challenge me on why i "did that" and when i deny it, i hear"so you are saying she is a liar?" and the quicksand quickly envelopes the situation. I do believe they are at the outside edge of maturity that will indicate to them that there is a problem. this realization will hurt them and they will hae to come to grips with this new "truth". I am so sad for them right now. they love their mother so much as all children do and she is putting them in the middle of this turmoil when all they want is a week end of fun with their mother. How in the world will they be able to be successful and productive adults with a proper perspective on what truth is and how to deal with people when it is being modeled to them to believe that only others make mistakes. It is also being modeled to them the skill of manipulating truth and turning situations into chaos of varying degrees to get the focus off of an action that was done by them and have the finger pointing to another as a villain, when no villain is even necessary in reality, but in their world, there must be a villain. I pray for their precious little minds and the spirit within them (not the spiritual spirit, but the "spark" that makes them who they are personality-wise) to be strong and courageous. Please join me in this prayer.

No comments: