Friday, October 17, 2008

I have been unable to get my compter to work until this evening with the help of Matthew telling me who to call and what to plug in where. This will be a short post with more to come tomorrow.

Well, i have traveled over 1000 miles since last tuesday when my journey began. I made it to houston on wednesday and went to see my regular doctor for a checkup and blood work and he found that i had a throat infection so he gave me amoxicillan. Consequently i was unable to love on my precious Karen like i had been dreaming of doing. I drove to dallas on thursday evening arriivng at two minutes before midnight, still feeling ill. Today, Friday, I went to the bridesmaid luncheon, but was unable to attend the rehearsal dinner tonight be cause the chills and headache had returned. The wedding is tomorrow and i will attend that as well as a meal at the church at eleven. This is such a happy time. Right now i am still feeling poorly and will go to bed in a minute or two. After all it is 9:46p.m. and way passed my bedtime. I had 46 e-mail messaes to address which I have now completed so tomorrow, i will concentrate on my blog responsibilities, which, as you probably can tell, I adore.

My newest neice, Eden , is beautiful and oh so tiny. She was perfectly behaved today at the uncheon and one of the stars. Catherine Goode is a beautiful beaming bride-to-be and her sisters all looked beautiufl as well, but there is a specialness about a bride as most of us know, I think. It is always fun to be around Lyndsey which is rare since she is living the dream in the theater in NYC. Then, my precious little Veeves, is always a winner with me., She is so beautiful and so much fun and so confident. Like I always wanted to be.

I'm going to take an Aleve and go to bed, Hope you all are doing well. By the way, on wednesday at 2:00p.m. when i entered Houston, I went through rising waters in blinding rains storm as i enteren houston on highway 59. Thank good ness i chose to go 1960 instead of the beltway, because i heard on thursday, that there was great flooding at 59 and the beltway. Oh, life is so good and it felt good to put my sick body in my own bed. love you all. jk

2 comments:

vicki said...

Hope that Residence Inn bed welcomes you and heals what aches. We missed you, and look forward to seeing you tomorrow. I have your water bottle and will try to remember to get it to you tomorrow.

Ramona said...

so who is this "Karen" you dreamt of loving on?

i am so sorry that you feel so terrible, i do hope that you feel better tomorrow. i am looking forward to thanksgiving even more so that we can spend a few days with you! enjoy the beautiful wedding and the time with your nieces, nephews, and sisters. we miss you and love you!