Saturday, October 18, 2008

This will be short because I am tired from all of the activities of the day. This has been a glorious day for our family. My twin sister's daughter, Catherine, married Brian Wick this afternoon and we partied at the recerption and at a big party tonight that is still going on. I left at 10:30 and the dance floor was still filled. I even danced with a young man whom I approached and asked him to dance with me. It was so much fun. I know when I lose enough wieght to where I am more confident on my feet and my knees will support activity from my feet, that I will dance the night away even at 62 years of age. Even Vicki got on the floor when a friend of Brian's grabbed her and danced with her. She was squatting down and rising up while dancing and he twirled her. It was so much fun.

Catherine was a most beautiful bride. Her gown was lovely and she was radiant in it. She had the audience remain seated adndwe all got to see her walked down the aisle by her dad. It was so sweet. She was smiling up a storm and looking at all of the people--and the sanctuary was almost filled--and smiling and mouthing sweet things to them. This wedding ceremony was the best wedding ceremony I have ever heard. It was done by their family friend and minister, Ronnie Wiggins and all of the words he said were geared especially to them and to the strong commitment they were making to each other. It was so beautiful. When he announced that they were man and wife, Catherins just wiggled all over and he said you may kiss the bride and that was so sweet. Catherine was just beaming throughout and Brian looked so happy. Both families atended the after party and they are good people,it was plain to see. We all had such fun together. James led a prayer in the wedding for them right before they were pronounced man and wife. Catherine and Brian had their first dance as man and wife and then Zatherine danced with her dad for a bit and Philip danced with his mother and then with me for a moment. It was so much fun and I am so glad I as able to attend. There is no way it could have been described and made me know even a small bit of what a wonderful day it was.

Morton and Suzy and Andy and Jessica, his girlfriend were at the wedding and the after party. Becky, Tony and Eden as well , Kelly, Randy and Tory, Jonathan and Lael were at the wedding. It was so good to see them. They were unable to stay for the after party.

Next to Catherine, Vicki was the prettiest one there. She is so little and her dress, which consisted of three pieces, beautifully accented her petite frame. She, too, was glowing and she was working right up until the wedding began. What a wonderful day.

I plan to begin my journey back to newburgh, indiana, bright and early tomorrow morning. Right now I am going to bed. God bless Catherine and Brian Wick for all the days of their lives. jk

No comments: