Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Michael had the procedure/test at the hospital today and the preliminary results look as if surgery will be needed, however, Michael said he will wait until after his neurologist has an opportunity to view the test results and at that point Michael will know the course of action. to be taken He is still hoping for no surgery, but rsather treatment of some other type. I will let you know when i know. Michael doesnt talk to me as much as i want him to about this situation. Oh, well.

Our drive to school this morning was as delightful as ever. I enjoy our car conversations so much and our partings are so sweet as Brendan always gives a kiss, Michael jr. rushes away as if he arrived alone and Aidan always turns around at the door and waves. They are such precious boys. We got home and i helped Aidan with his homework and Michael sr helped Brendan and Michael jr. Brendan and Michael make 100s or As on everythiing they do. Aidan doesnt take the same care at all. I think he thinks this is a game he would rather not play. He rushes through his work regularly and , oh well, i try to convince him to do his best, but alas. They dont get a report card until 9 weeks has passed. Aidan said his teacher wore her new bracelet from him again today. The school is having a fund raiser and part of the fund raising is to auction off themed baskets from each homeroom. Aidan's homeroom gift basket is a "spa" themed gift basket. He is embarrassed to have a "girl" themed gift basket. Today, i sent our contribution to the basket which i purchased from walgreens and sent it with him in a plastic bag. Aidan said he was too embarrassed to take the spa contribution to the teacher. My mercy, I am confident he will get up the strength tomorrow. That little Aidan does have strong opinions and as my mother used to say about me, "he may be wrong, but he is never in doubt". Actually that describes Michael jr. more that anyone. Brendan is so eager to please and ask forgiveness, but he is very good as arguing his point. i have established a new rule, which is simply "Obey Grammy" and this has created a very loving relationship and i am not giving my lectures. I merely say, "obey Grammy" and that settles it. Michael sr gave me this suggestion for peace. It works and life is good.

Tonight i am going to try to get by with heating up some popcorn chicken i purchased at the market, and some broccolli, carrots and tomatoes and possible some canned asparagus, which i am confidnet they will want to up-chuck. We will have applesauce for dessert and a popcicle.

I cant tell you all how much i miss being able to call my sister, vicki, every day at any time i want. She continues to work as a library substitute at her local school and somehow she doesnt feel it is appropriate for her to make and/or take personal calls while she is on the clock.

I have a headache sort of, it just went away. I am tired. Today was a clean up the house and laundry day. Actually every day is a laundry day. tomorrow is ladies Bible class. I have missed the last three times and i plan to go tomorrow. I hope i really do go.

No workers showed up today. Peaceful. jk

3 comments:

vicki said...

I hope you get to go to Ladies Class. It will be such a blessing for you and for the other ladies. It is part of the discipline you need in your life.

Maybe if you put the spa contribution in a brown paper bag...

Today was a good day at the library. I got to toss two 4th graders...talk about a power trip!!

Anony Mouse said...

Is it still Wednesday? I use this blog as my calendar, but I feel like the sun has set at least once.

rd said...

Hope you went to Ladies Bible Class. Look forward to hearing about what's next for Michael, our prayers are with him, his children and grammy.

Being from Houston, you may not realize it but winters can be cold, so you need to buy your winter wardrobe before you get snowed in. Hope you can make it out for Catherine's wedding, but I know with Michael's situation, you have your hands full. Yet I'm still hoping to see you at the wedding.

rd