Friday, October 31, 2008

Juat found out that the boys's mother will not be picking them up this weekend. (I know that you are now thinking I am a prophetic genius). So I will be taking them trick or treating tonight and I will do everything I can to see that it is a night to remember. Their mother called last night to tell them that she had been to the doctor and her toe was worse and that she would try her best to come tonight. They are so sweet and so ready to give her excuse merit and tell her that it is ok if she doesnt come.



I went back to bed thi morning after I took the boys to school and woke up at 11a.m. I haven't even gotten ready for the day (shower and makeup and dress). I have put out a wash and put a load in the dryer and folded a couple of loads and cleaned up after our breakfast of cereal. The dish wsher and the dryer are on.



Also, last night i fixed veal parmesean ( I dont know how to spell parmesean and i am not going to learn how or look it up). I made it with mazarella cheese so it is probably veal mazarella instead of parmesean. It was the first time I have ever cooked it. I didnt eat it, but I did have a bite and I think it was as good as what one would get at a resturant. The veal came from the market already breaded and all I had to do was bake it and cover it with sauce and cheese about ten minutes before it was done. I cooked it at 350 for 45 minutes. I should have given the boys a half piece instead of a whole piece, bcause they said " This is the best i have ever eaten", but as they continued to eat away and they finally said that it was just so-so and they didnt want me to fix it again. Oh well, live and learn. Only a half piece from now on. I guess it is like leaving a party while you're are still having fun so you will want to go back again. I do enjoy those boys.



I have discovered the joys of sering cereal for breakfast in the morning and it is wonderful. I ususlly give them q banana, but this morning I forgot. They eat every bite and the conversation is great. Then the clean up is minimal and, of course the preparation is minimal too. Never a complaint.



Remember how I told you that the boys always wanted to watch tv when they ate and they said they did not like "converation," and I havent told you that they alsoncomplain about "assigned seating" at the table. But, mealtime has become one of the most enjoyable times of the day. Now we just eat and talk and talk. I continue to work with them about not eating from the dishes prior to everyone being seated or prior to the blessing. Michael jr. and Aidan still say a rhyme prayer about "God is great..." which, of course, is true. We rotate who says the blessing each meal. Brendan doesn't feel the "rhyme prayers" are good enough and he always insists on praying a prayer too. His prayers are really so beautiful and so full of thansgiving for what God has given us.



Also, I dont know if I told you that Brendan is a worrier of all worriers. I showed him the verse in the Bible in Phillipians that says "Dont worry about anything, but in everything with prayer and thanksgiving let your request be made known to God and He will give you a peace that passes all understanding." I had Brendan read it himself from his Bible. Now when he worries aloud, he is reminded about this blessing that God has given us that we dont need to worry and he really prays about whatever it is that concerns him. Please pray for his faith seed to continue to bloom and blossom. Michael and Aidan are not as ready to talk about God and I am wanting you to pray that the seed of faith germinates in them too. This is the only gift worth having: an abiding faith in our Lord God, Jehovah, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. At night, Brendan is the only one to pray out loud. Michael jr and Aidan always say they will say a silent prayer. But regularly they want to sing a song and they always sing a couple of songs. At least one of their songs is always about Jesus and it is so sweet to hear them. Their favorite one they sing is "I Can Only Imagine". When Aidan and Michael jr. sing this, they make their voices sound like a professional and I can tell they are taking pride in the way they make the song sound. They always get to hear Bendan' prayer, because he always wants to pray out loud and then they get to hear me pray. These little boys have been, and are continuing to go through so much. Please pray for them to continue to be strong and to learn that Jeus is the friend that sitcks closer than a brother and that one's relationship with our God is the only relationship that truyly lasts.



Thanks for reading this. I still havent gotten ready for the day. Oh well, I will when I sign off. Love you. jk

4 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Parmesan
Mozzarella
You're welcome!
Hope yall have fun trick or treating! And don't stress too much about not getting ready to meet the day - the days I choose not to at all are generally pretty good.
By the way - have you decided whether or not you'll be next summering in IN or TX? I'll be in IN in June! And after all, its all about me!

Ramona said...

i was going to correct that.

but i also wanted to tell you that the parmesan comes from the breading, it is a hard cheese that does not melt well. you are supposed to top it with mozzarella because that is a softer cheese that melts well.

i hope you all have fun tonight, i am going to get your pictures in the mail before the weekend is over (even if that means 11:59 sunday night). i will include a picture of karsen tonight and matt.

love you!

vicki said...

Again, love hearing every detail. God is blessing those boys with time with you, so pace yourself so you can be there for them. I admire your consistency, and they do need an adult that they can depend on. You certainly provide that.

Anony Mouse said...

Sharon Jean ...

Your blog is much easier on the eyes with the new changes. I really do pre-she-ate-it.