Thursday, October 09, 2008

Ihis morning I went to the school to watch Michael jr. in a school play. Michael sr. was planning to go too, however, I left before he did by about 5 minutes and he was unable to get his van to start. He has been having some battery problems, but thought things were fine. They were obviously not. We are leaving in a bit to take it to the shop. He can't afford another car right now with all his medical bills. He is frustrated because he says he has spent about $7000 on reapirs for the van since this summer.
Michael jr. was so disappionted that his dad didn't get to come, but was so glad to see me. He played the part of the Indain chief that Christopher Columbus met when he landed on American shores. Michael jr. had some very funny lines. He really was great. In fact one mother wanted to take a picture of Michael and her son, Christopher Columbus. I asked her to take a picture of Michael and me and she did. So I may get a memory of this day that I can frame.
Michael sr. has gone to work in the Lexus. His car, as I said above, is in the shop. Tomorrow is a holiday for the boys. It is Yom Kippur and this is a district-wide holiday up here. Tomorrow, i will drive half way and take the children to meet their mother. They will remain with her for the week end and Michael sr. will meet herhalf way on sunday and pick up the boys.



I am still so pumped that I am going to the wedding next week. I did not care for the first lime purse I purchased for the wedding because it was way too big. I plan to return it Saturday, maybe even tomorrow. I purchased a lime "clutch bag" and it is perfect. I hope it doesn't draw too much attention away from the bride. If it does, i will report on mnday night, october 20th when i return. I still have four days until I leave to post. jk

1 comment:

vicki said...

Four days of posting before the fast! Talking to you won't make up for the thrill of reading the play by play of a day in the life of a housecleaning, dog-keeping, taxi-driving, homework checking grandmother of Newburgh IN. Is there any way you can post ahead and we can just read a paragraph or two a day?? No? Oh, well, we will look forward to the post wedding post...