Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Well, yessterday i did mop the kitchen floor and for about four hours it was spotless. As i mentioned earlier in the post, it was raining in Newburgh and I had to let the dogs out to do their business. Well, evidently when they finished doing their business, they found time to play in the mud and tracked it all over the kitchen floor when they reentered the house. The vomit i worked on my hands and knees to clean, appeared to be gone, but by the afternoonn the spot had returned. So the two great things i felt i had accomplished for the day yesterday were not obvious to anyone who returned from school or work. Oh well. There is always tomorrow ( which was actually today and i didnt do didly today).

I AM GOING TO THE WEDDING. I am so thrilled I cant tell you. Michael came home this afternoon and said the doctor wants to try a modified surgery on his elbow that can be done in the doctor's office first. If this doesnt bring acute feeling back ot his fingers, then he will do the greater surgery. The doctor told Michael, that he was reluctant to reenter Mike's neck with a intebation tube again so soon. He feels that this minor surgery may take care of the problem. If it doesnt, and this doctor has said that if it doesnt fix the fingers, he wants to wait and see if time wont take care of it, Michael said he would get a second opinion to be sure that waiting is ok. He is worried about permanent nonreversable damage if too much waiting occurs. Any way, none of this big surgery will occur next week , so the wedding plans are a "go". I plan to leave here on Tuesday mornng, October 13, and arrive in Houston on Wednesday afternoon. I have a doctor's appt at 5 p.m. I will spend Wednesday night in houston. I have another doctor's appt on Thursday morning at ten o'clock. I will visit with Matthew and Karsen and Ramona, when she gets home from school and then i will head to Dallas where I will spend Thrusday night so i will be able to attend the bride'smaids' luncheon on Friday morning along with the rest of Friday's activities. Then the wedding on Saturday. Oh I am so thrilled. Then I will get up at the crack of dawn on Sunday morning and begin the trek back to Newburgh. I will spend one night on the road and then get into Newburgh sometime Monday, October 20 in the afternoon. It is Michael jr.'s birthday and the first time i have ever been able to share a birthday with him ever. I am excited about that too.

I am really enjoying these boys. We are really having so much fun. Brendan, and especially Aidan, are so funny. Michael jr.is such a sweet heart and oh so loving. Brendan is loving too. One has to catch Aidan to get a kiss or a hug or any physical contact. If Aidan is seeking the contact, he knows how to kiss you right on the mouth before you can even blink. It is always a surprise. Michael sr. and I have had several very interesting conversations about the upcoming election, about how horrible Bush is, and about God (I let him talk---please continue to pray for him. I do sense a softening on his heart. He was really talking about God and how God loves every man the same. He doesnt love the Americans more than the Germans or the French or the Mongolians. Then he said I guess I am talking as if God is real. I may return, but i will still cuss.) I said nothing. When he talks he talks and talks. It is very interesting to learn his thought processes and to see the seeds of change sprout. I dont think I am dreaming this. I do love him and am enjoying the times we find to chat, although they are rare.

I will post more tomorrow, but today was such a good day. I am wedding bound! Great is Thy Faithfulness dear Lord. Thank you. jk

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yayyyyyy! So glad you're going to get to come! It wouldn't have been the same without you. Feel free to call C or I tomorrow because we'll be on the road for about 14 hours to Dallas!

Lyndsey said...

I'm so glad! I just got your text message and can't tell you how excited I was. The Lord is faithful - as Suzy J would say, we should EXPECT BLESSING!

rd said...

Jan, I know your presence at the Wedding will be such a blessing to your niece. Keep the conversation going with Michael. If he ever reaches the point where he might be willing to read an intelligent defense of Christianity, I would recommend you give him WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT CHRISTIANITY, by Dinesh DeSouza. DeSouza has debated a number of the best known defenders of athiesm and held his own quite well.

Look forward to seeing you in a few days.

rd

vicki said...

What great news all around! I pray that the elbow surgery will be all that's needed, and I am so glad you are getting to come. You need to pace yourself on that journey. That is a lot to do without much down time for resting up. But it will be so good to have you be part of the celebration. The AZ girls are on the road as we "speak" and L shows up tomorrow...then Monday we go to the Fair!! Oh, yes, and then later C&B will wed!! Should be a very good week