Sunday, October 26, 2008

Well, I found out my phone was in my purse deep inside a pocket this morning when I received a call from Michael jr at 9:15 asking me to bring them breakfast and telling me that they would be going to church with me and their mother would not be going since her toe was still hurting. So I went to Grandy's and purchased four country fried steak breakfasts with orange juice as requested and sped over to their house. When I got to their house, Michael and Aidan were sitting on the steps with their Bibles and they came running to my car when i pulled in the driveway. I took the food inside the house and they swooped on it like hungry little boys swoop on food. I didnt see their mom because she was still in bed up stairs. She yelled "thank you" from upstairs. We left at 10:35 and I knew we would be late and we were. Church starts at 10;45 and we got there at 10:55. The boys went upstairs to their class and I went into the auditorium for church. The sermon today was on giving with a generous heart and it was probably the best sermon I have heard on that topic. So low key with such profound reasons for us to want to give. Then we sang a song I had never heard of about Jesus being all I need and part of the words have Jesus saying to me that I am all He needs. Just beautiful and so hard to sing without tears.

Michael is at work so this is another day with my grandsons. We started it with a nap, myself included. We woke up after about an hour and a half and have been doing this and that since then. One thing Aidan has done is two book reoports that are now ready to turn in tomorrow. He is such fun I consider him my little friend. The boys really enjoy going to this church and were ery disappointed that they were late and it seemed to go by too fast. Then we went to the market to get some meat for dinner and then we came home.

The kitchen floor is so dirty. I wonder when I will mop it. I did finfally clean the woodwork on the pantry door. The dogs are gone and they are supposed to be returned tomorrow and I think I will call and ask for them to be kept there for a few more days. It is just so much nicer for me when they are gone. And after all, it is all about me.

No comments: