Tuesday, October 07, 2008

It is overcast and rainy in newburgh today. This morning iIgot the boys off with clear weather and enjoyed our adventure to see if we coud make it to school without Slow Pokes who are just out enjoying the drive getting in front of us on the road. This morning we were the only ones in our lane. Beautiful drive. Brendan is so precious as he gets out of the car to go to the choir rehearsals. We remain outside to watch through the glass doors as Brendan disappears inside the school to put up his backpack and then reappears sans backpack and walks into the choir room with usually a friend. Today there were many children scrambling into the school as we sat outside in our car and watched for Brendan. Mr. Boyer, the choir director, was out in the hall and then moved toward the entrance door, appearing to look at a watch on his wrist. Our Brendan made it just fine. Then Michael and Aidan and I did our usual "sit in the teachers' parking lot and watch teachers arrive as we wait for 7:30 to get here so i can drop them off at another lot for parent drop off. This is always a fun time of us talking and me trying to keep them from yelling "hello" or getting out of the car to run and greet every arriving teacher that they like. They like to sit and name all of the types of cars that drive in. There is one Mercedes and they always say, "Boy, look at the mMrcedes" Aidan continues to desire to see a Masarotti (or however you spell that ) drive up. He also calls a "Mercedes" a "Mersaydee", because we cant convince him that there is an "s" at the end of "Mercedes". I will now forever call it Mercedee if i only see one car.

Michael has gone to his doctor's appointment. He is still struggling with insomnia. He said last night he didnt sleep at all. He has yet to chat with his neurologist about the possibility of surgery, but this talk could occur at any time. I dont know if it will be in a "sit down doctor office visit" or just "on the run" chat at the hospital. I'll let you know. Please pray for him. This is so selfish, but selfish is so like me. I really want to be able to go to my neice's wedding and i cant go if Michael is recovering from surgery or if he is having it prior to october 20 . My plan was to leave newburgh on October 14 and return on October 20. I want to go to this wedding. I want my son to be healthy, but I also want so very much to attend this wedding.

He is off work today and will pick the boys up from school today. So i am going to do some heavy housework today. I call it "heavy" since i dont do any house work in houston. I have already mopped the kitchen floor. I need to clean up some spots on the floor where either Zulu or Snowball vomitted. Aint life grand? I have already sprayed it with "Nature's Miracle", but scrubbing must also occur. Ahhh scubbing! I may clean out the refridgerator today too. I said "may". I'll let you know. It is noon right now. Have you read Ronnie Wiggins blog today? It is great. I think, iff you want to get to read it, one goes to ronniewiggins@blogspot.com. He is maypearl maverick. It is powerful today. Always interesting, but powerful today.
I think I hear the clorox wipes calling.

3 comments:

rd said...

Jan, thanks so much for your kind comment on my blog today. I hope Michael will get news as soon as possible concerning the next step with regard to his health issues. He needs sleep. Surely as a doctor, he will be able to find a remedy for that particular problem. I know all cylinders don't work when I haven't had any sleep.

I'm proud of your recent burst of energy and wish I could transport you to Texas before the energy is totally exhausted, but I guess that can't happen. I do hope, however, that you are able to attend the wedding and will be praying that somehow that can happen.

Have a great rest of the day.

rd

Lyndsey said...

Nope - not selfish. I need you to be there too.
And I imagine that after 4pm we should be expecting a very witty comment from Aunt Vic as she loves those clorox wipes stories.

vicki said...

That was cool that you did the link to rd, but I think maybe you should have a period where you had the @ sign. When I did it I got an email page, not the blog.

I eagerly await the Mikey report as well as the housecleaning details. I especially love the bathroom reports, though the kitchen details are compelling as well. Have you wiped the baseboards recently?