Friday, October 03, 2008

what a day this has been, what a great mood i'm in, why, it's almost like being in......wait a minute, where am i? I'm still in newburgh. And this aint like being in love. However, it does have its good and bright side. this morning Michael could not get the van to start at 5;30a.m. when he needed to get to work, so he woke me up , along with the boys and told us the delima and to get in the lexus fast so we could get him to work. We got him there on time and the boys, dressed in underwear and one in p.j. bottoms only, immediately saud "i'need to go to the bathroom really really bad! There was no time for me to think so we drove across the street in the simi dark of the morning and i let them go outside the car in some shrubs surrounding a parking lot. I cant believe i did that, but i was not absolutely certain that they would not just go in the car since they had all said, almost in unison, that they had to go BADDD.

When we went to pick up Michael this afternoon, we went to check on the shrubs to see if they killed the little things by their morning activities and sure enough, the shrubs appear to be thriving. We went through McDonalds, another traumatic event for them since they were barely dressed. They all hid in the floor of the back seat when i went through the drive thru. They are so cute and so funny. Man, are we making the memories.

Today Aidan brought home his first 100 on a spelling test. I think i told you that i didnt think Aidan was taking school seriously but this week we actually studied for spelling by taking a pretest on wednesday. He even got an extra point for spelling "ostrich". He was so proud and the paper is now on the refridgerator.

No workers showed up today. I am really excited though. Remember that the yard man told me he would have the front yard landscaped by either this friday(today) or tomorrow, saturday. Well, somethign must have held him up today, because it is 5:35 p.m. and he hasnt made it by today, so that must mean he has it all planned for tomorrow. I am almost giddy with anticipation.


The boys mother will come get them tonight around 8:30 and return them on sunday around 3 p.m. I know they will enjoy being with her and i will have a rest. Michael will be working sat, sun and mon , then he will be off. He has not heard form the neurologist yet. I will write about what ever that decision is. I am still hoping strongly that i will be down and then up to Dallas for the wedding. and the "side trip" to my home in houston to see my little Karsen and matt and ramona, and of course, Flash, the dog.

Tonight i am fixing sausage and biscuits for dinner, since i am feeling they will eq4t something with their other when they get with her. Brendan just came in my room and said in his most dramatic manner, "when are you going to start cooking dinner?" then moaning like a real starving child. I do love the drama of these kids. will write more tomorrow. I must get to the kitchen. jk

Speaking of people i love, Becky Brooks just called me and we chatted for about 10 minutes or so. She spoke of her three children and of Sam's and the fact that Sam's son, Caleb, who is about 5 days old, could eat her little Eden, who is about 4 weeks old. Then she spoke of the upcoming wedding (Catherine Goode and Brian Wick) and our desire to be there for that event. then she spoke of Matthew and Ramona and Karsen, which meant the world to me. thank you, Becky, for the late night call and thank you Suzy for having Becky and thank you Alexander Graham Bell for the telephone and thank you bill Gates for whatever you did to help this communication. Hey, this feeling i am feeling right now is , well to be honest, it's almost like being in love.

2 comments:

vicki said...

I hope the Newburgh Neighborhood Decency Patrol isn't trolling for perps on the internet! Your boys might get called up on charges, and you'll be the one who provided the evidence. Oh, the risks that one takes to provide those memories! Send photos of the finished landscaping tomorrow. I'm excited to see the fruition of all the good intentions. Oh, and make the most of your r and r. Lylaf

vicki said...

Yes I read it and I did think, "Cool: bookends on her essay that come unexpectedly as a surprise." However I did not want to diminish your cleverness by pointing out how clever it was, as if it were a big surprise. I hereby acknowledge that that was clever. So why didn't you comment on how witty my comment was?? Just kidding...not necessary, as I have amused myself sufficiently without having the feedback. I don't know, that's just me...