Saturday, October 04, 2008

so sorry to be posting today, because i added something to yesterday's post that makes me think i am a very entertaining author. Vicki is the only one to comment and she didnt reference the last paragraph that i added after i spoke with my neice, Becky J Brooks, which i think borders on genius. So i think Vicki might not have read the addition i made to the blog. I also think so highly of my posting additions to my blog. literaturely speaking that i cant believe my son, Anony, had not commented either nor any of my other friends. Oh well, life and my postings must go on.


Last night the boys' mother had "promised" to show up between 7 and 8 p.m. but did not show up until 11 p.m. She said she had left their tickets to "Holiday World" at her home in indianapolis, where she lives, and she had to turn around after driving for 45 minutes and return to indainapolis to get them. She was traveling with her special friend, Troy, and his two children, Garret, 10, and his daughter Gabrielle,7. These two children have been in the custody of their father, troy, after his divorce from their mother some time ago. About a monthe ago, their mother was killed in a medical helicopter crashhe boys mother, karen, has been heavily involved in these chidren's lives before, during and since her death occurred. My grandsons really like both Garret and Gabrielle. So, many week ends involving time with their mother are shared with troy, Garret and Gabrielle. They are all planning to go to Holiday World. Holiday World is a very big deal here in Indaina. I believe it is a waterpark with many other fun things for a family to participate in. This is the third time they have thought they were going to holiday world since i have been here this sumer. Someting has always come up including one time when it was raining, one time their mother woke up sick and the plans have been thwarted. However, i really believe they will make it this time. Karen plans to bring the boys back on sunday afternoon at 3.



Mike will be working on sunday and monday and then he is off, i believe unless he has to pull some more shifts. Also the possibiity of surgery looms. I so hope he does not have to have surgery. I do hope his condition is one that can be treated and cured, however, i so want to go to my neice, Catherine Goode, and Brian Wick's wedding that is to take place on saturday, october 18. I had my nails done this week in preparation for the wedding activities. I plan to have my hair done this coming saturday. I already have my white dress. i am trying to decide whether to wear a veil or not. You see, Mandy Kelley told me that she would let walk down the aisle 'last'' at her wedding snce i never had a big weding for myself. I know how much Catherine loves Mandy and i am certain Catherine would want to play a role in making Mandy's promise become reality. At least i always thought of it as a "promise". Oh well, we will see how it all works out on october 18. Wearing the white dress with or without a veil will not be the same if i have to do it up here in newburgh rather than down the aisle at prestoncrest church of christ.

Well, last night the precious boys were so tired and waiting for their mother. I understand that things like this occur in everyone's lives. It just seems sadder to me when the children are in a "diovrce" situation. But, this is their life and they seem to be going with the flow. Please pray for them. They love their mother and are working on accepting that they see her and share her with Troy and his children. They are excited about going to live with her in indianapolis at the end of their christmas break. I am wondering if that really will occur. If Karen will still be financially able to afford the care she will need to provide for the kids as she works. Troy appears to be a good man and Karen has noticed this.


I know these boys are happy here in newburgh and are really enjoying being around their daddy so much. One of the first things i did when i got here and they were in Scotland, was to toss their huge, and i do mean huge, "poof chair" in the trash. Now i realize how important that chair was to their life. That poof chair was big enough to hold all three boys and their daddy and this was where they read their night-time stories with the boys piled on their daddy's back and this is where they "hung" out as a family of men. All i knew when i tossed it, was that is stunk and smelled like a dog. I had had the dogs professionally groomed while they were in Scotland and did not want the dogs to get all "stunk up" again by lying on that poof chair. They really miss the role that poof chair played in their lives as a family-time gathering place. Michael has ordered another one. I will periodically spray this one with Fabreze and try to keep the dogs bathed regualarly.

Anyway the boys were so glad when their mother came to get them. She did not come to the door, but when we saw her car lights, we sent the boys out to her. I hope they enjoy thier time with her. Their plan was to spend the night at the home in Key Stone subdivsion (where they catch the bus each morning) and then go to holiday world today. Karen dropped off troy, garret, and gabrielle at the key stone house prior to coming to newburgh to get the boys. I am sure the boys enjoyed the alone time with her on that drive to key stone subdivision.


You remember how excited i was about the promised activities that were to tke place in the front yard over here on Pleasenat Valley Court, well those activities have not begun yet and so i think that my yard man must be planning an "afternoon planting". I will probably see it all when i return from the market. I cant wait.


Speaking of the dogs. Zulu always lies down by wherever i happen to be. At night she is lying at the foot of the my bed or in the doorway. When i get up to go to the bathroom in the night she lies right outside the door. It is really so sweet. She loves me. I think Snowball loves me too, but Zulu always nudges Snowball away whenever Snowball tries to come around me when Zulu is near. Life is good in newburgh and i hope it is good where you are too. jk

1 comment:

vicki said...

Hope you get to come to the wedding, but Michael's needs are paramount of course. Enjoy the market. I have a Hobby Lobby errand myself...