Wednesday, December 17, 2008

FIRST POSTING on WEDNESDAY with TUESDAY''S INFO
There was no more posting yesterday, as you all realize. BTW I never was able to fit a nap into the day.

I left the house at 1:45pm to be enable me to pick up Michael Jr at school so I could get him to his podiatrist appt. I had planned to have returned home by 4:30, at the very latest,.



The podiatrist visit took longer than expected. We were seen immediately, but they took x-rays of Michael Jr. 's feet. Michael Jr has long believed that he has flat feet and that he needs orthotics in his shoes. He has believed this since he was 4. He says his mother told him he had flat feet and "a doctor told her". Yesterday the podiatric surgeon we went to see, took x-rays and she reviewed both feet with Michael Jr and me. She showed his feet and the high arch he has. (Michael Jr now believes that he used to have flat feet because his mother told him he did, but now he has developed this great arch.) Michael Jr told the doctor that sometimes his mother gives him Tylenol for the pain he feels in his legs and feet sometimes. He said sometime the Tylenol helps and sometimes it doesn't. The doctor said that the pain he is feeling in his feet is probably due to all of the activity he does as an active little boy and this is normal. The pain is near his growth plates, and this is normal for some children. t]The doctor suggested that in the future, Michael Jr be given Advil for the inflammation which she feels is causing the pain. She said that between the ages of 8 and 13 some children feel this pain because of their (some medical term) and that she would tape his feet and see if that helped. She suggested that we talk to his daddy and determine if Advil would be the better drug if Michael Jr. does experience pain. She said the pain in his legs is probably because Michael Jr. is changing his walk at the time when his feet are hurting. He will grow out of this. I reported aloud what he doctor had told Michael Jr. Michael Sr. said, "See, Michael, you feet are normal." Michael jr said, "Yes, Daddy, my feet are normal, I wont be needing any surgery." (The "funny" thing is that their Mother is always diagnosing problems regarding the boys' health. She totally discounts the fact that their daddy is a doctor and knows about health issues. Michale Sr., does not argue with her in front of the boys. The boys believe every word she says. I honestly believe she thinks she knows as much as anyone else on this earth knows, or even more than they know, about any topic. Truly. This morning Brendan told me that his mother had "studied mouthwash" and she said that mouthwash was "bad for your mouth". "It may make your breath smell sweet for a minute or two, but then it makes you have bad breath." You see, I am the one that purchased mouthwash for the boys. When I attempted to defend the use of mouthwash, Brendan interrupted me and said, "Mommy knows because she has studied mouthwash." Look up Borderline Personality Disorder)


Injuries are highly prized in the mother-son-son-son family. She has had tubes put in Aidan's ears because she felt he had a hearing loss because he talked so loud. It doesn't matter that the boys' father is a doctor, she is the one to "diagnose' and label what their ailment is. The tubes did not alter the volume in Aidan's voice at all. These surgeries are paid for by Aidan's father in the divorce decree by Michael's insurance and Michael Sr. I feel the reason Aidan talks so loudly is because both of his brothers do too. They talk and don't listen to him. Summary: This little family of M-s-s-s highly values any type of medical issue. Michael Jr's issue was "flat feet", Aidan's was "hearing loss" and Brendan's is ADD, accompanied by extreme anxiety, which I believe is fostered and nurtured by the matriarch. His anxiety issues, while they are still evident, have greatly greatly greatly decreased while he has been living in Newburgh. Brendan, now knows that the Bible says "don't worry about anything" , but with thanksgiving , let your requests be made known to God. I had Brendan look this up and read it. I didn't tell him what the scripture was going to say, I let him read and discover it himself. He knows that fears are normal. It was so precious when he said to me, "You mean you have had fears too?" I gave him hope telling him that he would grow out of these fears and God would help him. Always take any concern to God. In Brendan's prayers everynight, he asks God to give him strength and courage. I showed him I Peter 5:7. I see such improvement in him. Please pray for him and, of course, for all four of the Kelley boys in Newburgh.


BACK TO MICHAEL JR. & MY ODESSY OF LAST NIGHT'S EVENTS
As Michael Jr and I left the podiatric surgeon's office at about 4:30pm, ice had begun to form on the bridges and overpasses. The city had their sand and ice trucks out dusting the bridges and overpasses, so all of the traffic was being diverted off of the freeways to the access roads to enable sanding trucks to do their thing. That meant we were driving home in the people-getting-off-work traffic. While this was going on with Michael Jr & me, Michael Sr had picked up the other two boys at their bus stop with all intentions of taking Aidan to get a flu shot. Michael Sr.'s arm was really hurting him all day yesterday and he had told me that he might need me to come home and take Aidan to the doctor if his arm pain wouldn't allow him to be able to sit in the doctor's office while waiting waited for the doctor to give Aidan his shot. ( I had left my cellular, as Vicki says, at home.) Michael Sr. was unable to take Aidan to the doctor. He came home with his hurting arm and the boys and waited for me to come home, which didn't occur until 6pm.

Prior to our getting home last night, I had Michael Jr. go into the market and get some ground chuck and some Amish (we are in Amish country)mashed potatoes and then go to walgreens to get some milk and some orange juice. We needed "staples" in case the area frooze over during the night.

I fed the family and then we all went to bed. Brendan sleept with his dad and Aidan slept with me. He is easy to sleep with. Michael Jr slept in his own bed. I sat with him while he drifted off to sleep.

This ends yesterday's info. The next post will follow with today's news.

love you all. jk

No comments: