Monday, December 22, 2008

This will probably be my last post from Newburgh.

Today was our Christmas. The boys and their dad left the house to purchase rtheir Christmas tree. They returned after about four hours with a boxed tree from Walgreens. In less than thirty minutes, they had the tree out of the box, decorated and lit. The boys did the erecting and putting together will a little bit of directing from their dad. I sang Christmas carols, or attempted to sing, while the erecting was occurring. When the tree was finished, the boys and their dad, stepped back and called it "Great". Then the boys were sent down to the basement where they waited until the gifts had been brought out and placed around the fireplace and the wall. Then the boys were called upstairs and the opening of gifts began. Aidan wore the Santa hat and he was the one to pass out all of the gifts. The boys were all excited and so pleased with their gifts. Then they began to play with different gifts and with each others gifts and it was like the great Christmases we had when the noise dies down and everyone is intent on whatver they choose to be involved in.

While this was going on, Joe the plumber came by to say the wrong shower door came in for the downstairs bathroom, and he would not be able to complete the bathroom for a few days. Alas. I will not be able to see the finished product. The electician has to return to fix the exhaust fan and the lights inside the bathroom Oh well. It has been a great activity that has had me involed in it since the boys were in Schtland. If you remember, this was supposed to be completed by July 18th. Oh well, it is only the 23rd,isnt it?

Right now the boys have all gone to go get our dinner. They wanted to take me out to dinner, but I asked for it to be brought in, since I am having such difficulty getting around. They have gone to get it now. I am having grilled salmon with rice pilaf anf some other good stuff.

While the boys are gone I am supposed to be getting my stuff together for the boys to load into the car for my journey home tomorrow My plan is to get up and get ready, wake them up and have them see me off and then be on my way. I plan to pack this computer so this will be my last post utill I get home and find a convenient place to place this computern and thenn determine if there remains a need for this blog to continue.,

This has been a really really good day. Actually I can walk around the house without having to use the walker, however, I am stumbling a bit. So I will probably use the walker tomorrow but I will have the cane ready in case I can move with the cane only. I am amazed that my knee is as good as it is today. I didnt realize it until I was setting out the gifts.

Right now I have my own personal clothes in the washer. I will put them in the dyer and pack them so when I get home I will have all cleam clothes.

Usually when I trasvel this journey home, I wear the same thingf for both days. This enables me to get into th motel easier (No luggage) and out on the road the next morning. I will fix my face tomorrow and not fix it again until I get home. I am a lovely traveler.

I have already shed a few tears today at being faced with the finality of this entire venture. This will never occur again. What a wonderful time we have had. Being with Michael Sr. for so long and through such trials and being able to help him. Being with my dear, dear grandsons. Our bond has been etched in stone and will last for the rest of our lives, I am sure. What a wonderful time we have shared. I do love my son, Michael, and my three grandsons., I am truly a blessed woman. Sorry for all the smaltz of the earlier post of the day. What in the world was wrong with me. Let's forget it ,OK?


At the point where I was here in this post:
The boys just returned with the food. They came in the house with suits and ties on. They said they had planned to take me out to a fine restaurant and wear suits in honor of me. They were so handsome and of course, I cried. They wanted me to see them in their suits even though we were going to eat in. They cleared the table and Michael Sr. took pictures of me and the boys and they sat at the dinner table with me and we had conversation( Remember the initial instruction regarding"conversation") with me and ate their pizza as we ate together. What a wonderful end to a wonderful time.. They all had a little speech they said of how much they thanked me for taking care of them and their daddy during all of his surgeries. They said they wanted to honor me. Michael sr. just stood over to the side and beamed at his sons and his mother. What a wonderful time.

Resumption of my post:
I will close now. Thanks for accompanying me on the journey. Please know that you all and your comments to me, or just my knowing you were there, meant the world to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to follow me in the journey. Thank you for your prayers, The closing I have used throughout this blog is from my heart. Please believe that.

May God richly bless you, my loved ones. jk

3 comments:

Ramona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anony Mouse said...

So I accidently left that comment under my alt, Ramona. I have deleted it and am now posting it under my real name, Anony Mouse.

That is really cool what he and the boys did for you and I am also glad that you were able to be with all 4 of them for the time that you were. Those boys will long for their next visit with Grammy!!

On another note, we are extremely excited that you are coming to stay with us for longer than a day!! We also can't wait to see what kind of improvements you will make in our home. A pool? A basement? Oh man, the suspense is killing me.

vicki said...

Well, if you don't see this til you get to Big H, "Welcome Home!" May your journey be smooth and safe and may you feel strength and energy to make the long drive in good time, with minimal rest stops.

How wonderful to have completed your stay in peace and joy and honor for a job well done. May God continue to bless Mikey with the opportunity to parent his sons and to be the example they need of honesty and integrity. I hope he'll send us a picture of tonight's festivities.