Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wednesday, December 17. 1:02p.m.



My mercy where has this day gone? I have been sitting in front of this computer for this long and I haven't even started on today's events.



TODAY'S EVENTS

School started two hours late due to the possibility of bad weather. Actually, the sanded bridges and overpasses made the trip to school very uneventful. I dropped off the boys at 9:30 and went home. I did stop by Walgreen's to pick up some of Walgreen's "zero calorie" flavored water, green beans, Christmas wrapping paper, protein bars and some Christmas labels and bows. All the time on the walker. This is a slow process and I am unable to all of get all of the bags into the house, but it needed be done. Usually Michael Sr. unloads the car but with the pain in his arm, and instructions to not even lift a gallon of milk for ten days after surgery, I will leave this task for the boys this afternoon when we get home from school.



Michael Sr. went to see Dr. Eggers, the neurologist, this morning at 9a.m. for a check up. The doctor said everything looks good. The wound is healing fine. The pain Michael is continuing to experience is normal and may go on for days, or weeks or even months, Michael Sr. just needs to be patient and wait out the pain. Michael Sr. is supposed to return to work next 'Wednesday, December 24. Please pray for him.





I will be taking Aidan to the doctor for a flu shot today at 4:00 after I pick up the boys from school. I may drop off the boys at home and then go directly to the doctor's office with just Aidan. Yes, that is what I plan to do.



Dd I tell you that the boys' mother is picking them up early from school tomorrow? My heart goes out to them. They are sad to be leaving school early tomorrow and also missing their last
Christmas party with their friends. Michael Jr. said that he told his mother he did not want to do this, this but "she is doing what she wants to do". Her plan is to take them to their new school and let them see the Christmas program the new school is putting on. She has told Brendan that she has already gotten him a place in this school's choir and he doesn't even have to try out for it. (I just hope she realizes that an early morning session may be necessary with choir and that means she will have to get up and get him to school for this. The boys already think she is getting them a golf cart for Christmas from their grandaddy who owns a golf course in New Mexico so they can drive to the bus stop every day at the apartment complex where they are to live.) Oh, well, it is out of my hands isn't it? From what they have alluded to, in the past, the usual fair is for them get themselves ready for school . Times and things are changing. The Newburgh family has done what we could. God is in charge. Please pray for all involved. (BTW. to my knowledge, the golf cart thing is not happnin'.)



I will be leaving here in a bit to go pick up the boys for the last time. (Michael Sr is not feeling well at all.) Who knows what the boys leaving and his inability to impact anything with their mother's influence is doing to him. It is frustrating for me, and I can only imagine what it does to him. My hope is that the boys involvement with their daddy these last few months will have a lasting impact and they they will be able to, one day, return here for their growing up. I don't know. She is a very powerful person and one does not want to cross her. She has such power over these boys. They do love her very much and appear to me to really feel responsible for her happiness. They are ready to jump to her defense at the drop of a hat if they perceive any indication that feel she, or something she has said or done is being questioned. I say nothing. Hopefully they will be able to see through this situation in time and they will not be permanently scared. God is in charge. He loves them more than anyone. My heart goes out to my son for the helplessness one can have in in this situation. Man alive!

I need to go attend to my afternoon responsibilities.

May God richly bless you, my dearest friends and loved ones. jk

this has been agreat gig. what memories i he to remember. Great times eith the grandsons.

1 comment:

vicki said...

I know their memories of the time will be as good or even better than yours, cause they won't be remembering knee pain or sleepless nights. Rest all you can til they return, and give Mikey our best wishes for rest and healing for him. Yall have a Merry Christmas when the boys return.