Thursday, December 18, 2008

Well, I made my last run to Scott school with my grandsons. We left a bit later than usual, but w make it though Hardee's drive through and got breakfasts for the boys and a cop of coffee, black, for me. the ridea was uneventful and we laughed and talked like usual.



The boys mother had asked them to bring three pair of pants, shirts, underwear and sock with them to school so they would have them when she picked the up today. Michel Jr. was too embarrassed to bring clothers to school to put in his locker so Brendan went to school carrying his a backpack and two kitchen-sized white trash bags with his clothes and Michael Jr. clothes in them. Aidan was supposed to put his clothes in his back pack, but I did not oversee that job and this morning when Aidan alit from the car at the school, his backpack looked awfully skinny and i wouldn't be at all surprised if he did not pack anything.
I was so busy last night and my knee was really hurting badly and I just didnt oversee this activitiy. Oh, well.

The boys mother had told me that she was going to pick them up at 9 this morning. I did not tell the boys this because I could anticipate their sadness at ther realization that their last day was going to be cut even shorter than they had thought Well, Karen called me this morning and told me that she was running late. I called the school and spoke with the counselor. I told her, Ms. Bagby, the sitation--she has worked with the mother and she understands what I am saying without words needing to be said--and that to be aware of the boys and the fact that they are sad about having to leave their school before their Christmas parties and that they dont know she is planning to come pick them up at 9 or early. I thanked her for being there for the boys and for taking care of them today and being aware of the possible sadness when they leave. I've done all I can do.

I look forward to Sunday, when the boys return for sun, mon, tues. I, of course, plan to leave early tues morning. I may pack my computer and may be unable to post on this trip.

It is supposed to be in the 40s today and my knee is hurting, but not as badly as it has been for the last few days. Hopefully, as I enter a climate that is not as harsh as it is up here, my knee will improve. I would be too embarrassed to use the walker in Houston. I would be embarrassed to use the cane in Houston. I continue to watch what am consuming.

My knee must be getting better, because my back hurts now. jk

May God richly bless you. my loved ones. jk

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Still enjoying hearing all the news form Newburgh (Both glad and sad).
Wish the "Boys" could finish school this week and end on a "High Note". But, actually they've had YOU for a "High Note" in their lives since you've been there.
Vicki, sorry I misspelled your name.
Jan, Just think, soon when you're back in Texas you'll be able to "Reach Out and Touch" all those who are your devoted "Blogger Groupies"
So, Keep Blogging --it's such a wonderful way to stay in touch with all of us who love and care about you and yours.

Unknown said...

Love you lady! Glad your knee is hurting less and can't wait to have you back in God's country.

vicki said...

who knew that being able to feel back pain would be the good news! But it is welcome. And as for being to embarrassed to walk with the walker or cane, I can only refer to my classic "Ibuprofin Worst Case Scenario." I am sure it's on your 10 Best Comments list, so I will not repeat it. BUT, You think about it, Little Missy!! There is such a thing as misplaced pride, is all I'm sayin. And it seems like I have to keep saying it cause no one is listening...I join the chorus of those eager to have you back where you belong...the great State of Texas!