Friday, December 05, 2008

This has been a hectic, but very rewarding day, with no rest as I accomplished the things I needed to and did complete today.


The boys mother asked me if she sould come later to pick up the boys since she was having to leave late from Indianapolis. She said she would come get them at around 9 pm rather than having me drop them off at the Cobble Field address in Evansville. I had the boys fed, bathed and in their pajamas when she came at 9 to get them. They were all gone by 9:35p.m. The quiet that invaded this home at that point was almost deafening. They each took two play-outfits to wear and two pair of underwear and two pair of socks. Aidan, of course, went minus one pair of underwear. He will be fine. Brendan has a birthday party to attend on Saturday from 11a.m. to 12:30p.m. and he has his choir performance on Sunday at Christian Fellowship Church in Evansville. This perfomance is at 2 on Sunday. I sent him with his costume, fresh from the cleaners.



The boys were all lying around their daddy in his room as they awaited the arrival of their mother. She is with her friend, Troy, and his children this weekend, too, in Evansville. She only had the little 7 year old girl, Gabby, in the car with her, but Garrett, Gabby's 10 year old brother, was supposed to be at the Cobble Field residence when the boys and their mother reached their final expressed destination after leaving the boys' Newburgh home, which they share with their dad.



Michael sr. had a pretty rough time today. He was concerned enough to have me get him a thermometer to determne if he had a fever. He didnt, but he said he felt like he did. Prior to taking his temp, he said that if he, in fact, had a fever, he needed to get back to the hospital. I could tell he was worried about himself. He felt nausiated, but nothing came of it today. He was in the bed all afternoon after he came home for the hospital today at noon. He is trying to tough it out. The doctor said the posterior incision surgery is much more painful to overcome than the anterior incision he had this July. My understanding is the pain across his upper shoulders and back is very painful. He looked like it was really hurting him. It is something. When one of your children is sick, no matter their age, they appear so vulnerable and one reverts immediately to the care-taker.

Because I had no opportunity to rest today, my leg, knees and ankles were really putting in the extra duty from me. Being as large as I am, makes getting around difficult and more difficult as I use the only knees, ankles, legs and back I was given. They were intended to support a much smaller body. The ankles and knees and back are doing the best they can for belonging to a good woman who has not taken care of the body her Lord has given her. The process is so slow. I am so weak. I do have long periods of strength and self-control. The problem is, that I am in a situationm that requires continual self-control. I wont even ask for your prayers on this behalf. I must honor my words to my Lord and Savior and my Sustainer and be continual in my efforts to rid my body of the ramification of my over-indulgence and total selfishness in my lack of self-control. Alas.

Tomorrow I plan to rest all day and stay off of my feet so my feet, knees, and ankles can have an opportunity to restore themselves. I plan to go to Brendan's choir performance on Sunday after I attend my church. The boys are supposed to return to Newburgh sometime Sunday afternoon or evening.

Michael sr. has planned to go to a little town close to Newburgh called New Harmony, Indiana, for the week end. I dont know yet, if he will feel like going tomorrow. Supposedly the first day pre-op is the worst and things should be better for him on Saturday. Right now his door is closed and the light appears to be out, so I am hoping he is sleeping. Michael sr plans to return to see Brendan's choir perfomance on Sunday. He and I will be going in separate cars since he will be arriving from New Harmony.

The boys were so loving to their Daddy. Michael jr. took a plate of food in to him after the boys and I ate. This was uncsolicited. Aidan wantde to take Michael sr his medicine when I returned with it from Walgreens. Michael jr. said he wanted to go home to see his daddy as soon as I picked them up from school today. He said, "I want to be there for Daddy." My plan had been to pick them up and stop by Rawlgreens to pick up perscriptions and then take the boys home. Because of Michael jr.'s request, I took them home first. They all dashed into the house and only Brendan returned to go to Rawlgreens with me.

I am so glad I am here. It is so wonderful to see God's hand is in my life to enable me to be here at a time that Michael sr. really needs to have me here. He thanks me over and over as he reminds me that I must lose weight. And I must. Blessed be the name of our Lord.

May God richly bless you, my loved ones. jk

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sunday----Just read this Blog today. I was at the Bay with my brother and his wife.
What I want to say is this,---My grandmother was from New Harmony, Ind. I wish I could visit there one day. We always seem to have these incidental connections to one another.
So glad to hear from you daily. Only wish everything could be a little easier for you in every was.
Hope you read this.
Love to you and yours --Kathryn