Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Well, I did get out today. I took my car to be washed and I went to Walgreens.



I had planned to go to the Lifeway Christian Book store for a 2009 calendar--my sister, Suzy is supposed to be in charge of calendars for me, but she didnt come through this year and didnt ever warn me that no calendar was in the offing---. Alas, life is hard.



While in Walgreens, I found a calendar with scriptures from psalms on every month's picture. It was only $5. The traffic was horrendous on 1960. Businesses even had police officers directing traffic on 1960 to enable their customers to enter 1960 from their parking lots. What a mess. Anyway I was relieved to not have to go to the Christian book store. Walgreens is just down the street from my house and I dont even have to get on 1960 to get there. Life is good



I cleared off one of my sink areas before I left on my outing. My knee is still a bit of a problem and I used my walker at the car wash. I just hobbled into Walgreens and used the cart as a walker.



I enjyed sitting out on the patio today and listning to Christian music on my radio out on the patio and watching Helen, Robert, Oscar and Vern.



I am enjoying this quiet house. Now everytime, I say that, please know that I love having my renters here, but it is just nice sometime to "wall myself off' from humankind. My knee is preventing me from doing the cleaning and the straightening and the throwing away that I really want to do. I will work more at it tomorrow.

I do not plan to watch the "ball drop" as Vicki would say. I hope you all have a very safe and peaceful night with as much fun as you desire to have tonight. or the new year of 2009, I wish you the blessings of good health, friends and days filled with good memories.

May God richly bless you, my loved ones. jk

No comments: