Saturday, December 13, 2008

Yesterday--Friday, December 11--was a day, I tell you.

Michael came home from the hospital with a bandage on his back. No stitches and completely ambulatory. He drove himself home from the hospital. He got home around 5, greeted the household, gave and received hugs, and then went to bed for a very short respite. He arose about thirty minutes later and took charge of the boys. I fixed dinner for the family, but Michael and the boys had their first time of "family fun with their daddy" that they have been able to have in a long while. Presently, Brendan and Aidan are all asleep in their daddy's room. The lights are out, so I am assuming that Michael sr. is sleeping too. Michael jr is in his own bed. Last night I sat with Michael jr as he drifted off to Sleepy Town. Brendan and Aidan came in the bedroom with Michael jr and me for our songs and prayers before sleep. Then B & A left to go to their daddy's room for the night. Michael jr was so tired that he wanted to get to sleep rather than have the extra play time with their daddy. This is the first time since I have been up here that Michael sr has acted like he felt good. He was like his old fun-loving self. What a blessing!

Thank you so much for your prayers.

The Kelley boys--all four of them-- are gearing down for their last week together. They have finished the chapter book that Michael sr has been reading to them just before bed. They already have their new book selected for night-time reading together, with the plan being to finish it by Thursday, their last night together. Michael sr had been battling one health issue after another the entire time the boys have been here. Five surgeries since July. Two, actually three, of them emergencies, They have done things together, but always at a lower level than than usual because of Michael sr' s physical condition. They all were so excited about the fun they were having last night with their healthy daddy . Squeals and laughter reigned. Please continue to take Michael sr's name before our Father's throne. Thank you. The plan continues to be that the boys will leave on Friday. As I have mentioned before, this plan is subject to change by their mother.

My knee was good enough yesterday afternoon that I was walking with a cane only. While this was exciting to be at this level of agility, I paid the price later by having my knee back to the "walker stage" by evening. I should be able to rest the knee all day today since Michael sr has requested that my only duty be the cooking of the meals as he plans to take care of all the other needs of the boys until the time he has to return to work. I believe the doctor has said Michael sr needs to rest for 10 days. He will probably not be going to work until the boys have left with their mother.

Right now i have been up in the middle of the night to let you all know what is going on up here. I thank God that I have been in a position to be able to be here and to help Michael sr and the boys. Blessings, blessings, some trials, but mostly blessings. Our God is so faithful and so very good. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

May God richly bless you, my loved ones. jk

No comments: