Sunday, December 28, 2008

It is so good to be home. sleeping in my own bed in my own bedroom with my Tempurpedic is getting better every night. Waking u and seeing my grandson, Karsen, and being able to hold him every day is wonderful. I really am so very blessed in both Newburgh,Indiana, and in Houston, Texas.



I purchased a garage door opener and Matthew installed it and moved my car into m own garage where it belongs in it own space. I look forward to being able to take it to Mr. Detail and have it be put in sparkling clean order. Did I tell you I purchased a 2005 Lexus 430 on June 18 and promptly drove my "new" car to Newburgh and didn't come home until December.



I treated the car with "Kid gloves" for the entire week I had it before going to Indiana. Once in Indiana, as you know, I stayed and stayed and stayed. Using the car to take my dear, dear grandson on every adventure we traveled. My brand new car, had a door left ajar and the battery went dead. It had children needing to be told to "not touch anything" in Grammy's car. This lasted for about a week an then they began to feel so comfortable in it. Aidan even felt comfortable enough to vomit all over the floor in the back. This required Dr. Detail, of Newburgh, to have his crew do what they thought was the impossible--get the chocolate stain out of the carpet as well as the smell out of the crevasses of the carpeted floor. A pristine vehicle was the result of his efforts. Then the garbage can rubbed up against the car and left a couple of small white smudges on the car doors. Next, the van (when I was trying to maneuver around my car in the drive way), left a red smear on the back bumper of the Lexus. Alas, my new car appeared not to be so new anymore.

I want to get it to Mr. Detail in Houston, so I can pretend I just got a new (2005) car and I can enjoy it. Also, while in Newburgh, I had to leave my car out in the elements because Michael Sr. has a one-car garage whixh he uses for storage and not cars. Now that Matthew has installed my new garage door opener, my car has an enclosed place to rest out of the elements and its paint can remain glossy and new looking. The car is black. I do like to drive the Lexus. The seat warmers, which will probably never get turned on in Houston, are devine in Newburgh. Oh the wonderfulness of the toasty feeling one can get inside of a Lexus in the dead of winter in Newburgh.

Ramona and Matthew are leaving for Clovis, New Mexico, later on today and I will be alone in the house of for a few days. This will be nice. I hope to clean out some of my stuffed-to-the-max drawers and finish unpacking from my trip home. Matthew has brought in all of my stuff from the car (I even packed and drove home with a big garbage bag stuffed with trash that I meant to leave off at the big garbage can outside Michael's home, but somehow got it inside my car for the drive home. It was so cold, nothing smelled, However,it began to smell when I left it in the car for another two days here in Houston. Oh well, at least it's not a new car.

It is good to be home and sharing life with Ramona and Matthew. I get to know Ramona better and better and of course, be around Matthew and oh, so wonderful to be able to see Karsen every day. He is so beautiful and such a good, good baby. He is walking and playing so sweetly. He is such a good baby. I got to put him to bed for the night for the last two nights as Ramona and Matthew had gone shopping to return some things. At 8p.m. Karsen just lies down so easily and is such a happy baby. Ramona has done a wonderful job of gently talking to her son and getting his routines established. Matthew is a good, loving daddy and loves his son and his son loves him, but Ramona is the one who has the most contact with Karsen and she is the one who has set the standard for the care and the type of care Karsen is receiving. He is a blessed little boy and we are all reaping the benefits of her care pattern and her care plan and her consistency with Karsen. He obeys with a soft word. He is very dear to me and I feel so glad that God has allowed me to experience such love and joy in my later years with my grandchildren.

I will not go to church today because my knee is not doing too well and I have begun to use my walker again. I haven't been using it the entire time I have been home, but I have been walking with a decided limp. I am going to walk with the walkerd for a few days and try to relieve my knee. I do not want to go to church with my walker. It is supposed to rain this morning.

Slowly, things are getting back into line.

I miss so very much seeing Michael Sr. everyday and being with Brendan, Michael Jr and Aidan everyday. This time was so very special and I will treasure it in my heart for the balance of my days. Always hoping I will be blessed with an extended time with them again in their lives.

Well, it is now 4:30a.m. and I think I will return to bed. My computer has just now been available to use. It takes my computer a few days to get adjusted to the new setting of Houston. Now it is adjusted and my computerising has resumed.

I trust that you all had an enjoyable Christmas and were able to let your loved ones know how much you care for them. This is can be such a wonderful time of year.

May God richly bless you , my loved ones. jk

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you made it home to Houston. Also. I'm very very glad that you decided to continue "Blogging" for all of us who enjoy your words of wisdom and your undeniable witty personality. Find out soon about your knee, etc. and get to moving comfortably again.
I'm home from Keller but leave for Austin on Tues. to babysit for New Year's Eve, etc.
I want to hear more about your "New/Now well used
Lexus. I want one, too !!
Again, so so happy you are safe and sound here in Houston. Love to you and yours--Kathryn

vicki said...

welcome home, and I second Kathryn: we all want to continue to have your "take" on the day's events, so hope you will be able to keep it up. Lylaf