Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I just tried to make the font smaller by using the techniques suggested tome in a response to an earlier blog by one of my readers, Anony Mouse. It appears to have made a difference, but I will await the font size of the posted blog.

This is my third day of being alone. Ramon, and Matthew, please know that I love my life with you all here, but it is just that I have not had any "alone" time in so long and it is nice to have it to reflect and to just do my lazy-day routine. Yesterday, I went through Starbuck's drive-though and purchased a tall and a venti decaf,non-fat, latte with shots of sugar free vanilla and splenda. I drank one yesterday and am drinking the heated up venti right now. I forgot about getting it until about 3o minutes ago. It is delish.

I just came in from outside where i fed the fish. they still remain on the bottom but do swim up a bit higher. I can clearly see Helen, Robert, Chico and Vern. They are really pretty fish. Helen and Chico are orange--Helen is all red and Chico is red around the face and the top of her/his head with a white belly and white on the underside of his/her head. Robert is white with orange spots around his back and Vern is white, heavily spotted with black spots. The pond is so pretty and I do enjoy sitting out there. It has a small pump in the center, and a small water fall coming out the side, so I am able to hear the continual flow of the water. It is nice. I sat out there as Flash did his business. Then I sat for a bit longer. I have two rocker chairs and a glider out there. Nice.

This morning has been spent in my room mostly with my Christian music on the radio interspersed with Charles Swindol, Tony Evans and Elizabeth Eliott's replacement. Good music and good words. So enjoyable to hear Christian music filling the room. So uplifting and sometimes so powerful. Praises to our King.

My knee is much improved today. I plan to rest it for one more day and then perhaps go to the Christian book store on New Year's eve--tomorrow-- to purchase my 2009 calendar. My sister, Suzy, has been responsible for getting me a calendar for the past ten to fifteen years, but I have heard naught from her this year about a calendar for me, so I guess I will have to take care of that for myself. Alas.

It is so good to be home. I am confident that I will feel even more glad to be here when I get my room and bathroom cleaned up and get the junk thrown away. I do love this home. It feels like "home" to me. I remember when I first purchased it, it didn't feel like home for a while, I do remember when I realized it was my "safety nest". A place I long to be. This is such a nice feeling. My home in Fairfield was filled with sadness and I stayed there for too long probably, but I didn't have the strength to move. This home was my refuge and place of peace in the storms of life. I remember my brother-in-law and his family visiting me and I remember him gathering all of his family--my sister, Suzy ,my nieces and nephews--around me while I was sitting in a chair. Morton prayed a prayer of blessing on this home and on me. I know God heard that prayer and has blessed me in these days. God is faithful and so very good.

I hope you all are having a wonderful time of being with your family or whomever you happen to be with, or even if you happen to be alone, I know you are in good company.

May God richly bless you , my loved ones. jk

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The font looks much better! Glad you're enjoying your alone time and resting that knee! Love you lady!