Monday, December 15, 2008

This morning I took the boys to McDonald's for breakfast and to school. Then I went to sit outside Borders until they opened at 9 and "walkered" in and got the book I had ordered that Vicki had recommended, then made new doctors' appointments for Aidan (4:1o on Tuesday for a flu shot) and for Michael Jr (3:00 Tuesday with the podiatrist)

My knee is as bad as yesterday: not hurting when at rest, but excruciating when I walk on it, even with the walker. It is really bad.

Michael Sr went to the hospital this morning which he had to do regarding his personal insurance requirement. He said his arm still hurts, but that he just has to be patient with it. It, of course, is not as bad as when he needed the emergency surgery last Thursday-- He just said it is better today than it was yesterday. It hurt badly last night, but right now it is "mild" pain.

Right now I am not physically able to be of help to Michael Sr' s needs at all.. I used to be able to go to the cleaners for him and do his laundry, but now I just need to rest the knee and tend to the boys. He told me that he will go get the boys this afternoon. Then they will go see the Christmas lights tonight so I will not need to fix dinner for them. I do need to be ready to "be a presence" with them (Michael Sr.'s word) should Michael Sr. need to go to bed when he returns from either picking up the boys or seeing the Christmas lights tonight. Michael Sr, is truly trying to give in to whatever his pain level is and take care of his arm. He wants me to just be here in the room (a "presence" as Michael Sr says)with the boys if he needs me to and he will take care of them.

The boys are leaving to be with their mother on Thursday afternoon or evening. They will return to Michael Sr.'s house on Sunday evening. We will have our Christmas on Monday, December 22, and I will leave on Tuesday morning, December 23, and the boys will spend their last day with their daddy. Their mother will pick them up on Tuesday evening for the rest of the month and they will enroll in Indianapolis schools and begin their life with her up there. The last few days since Michael Sr. 's last surgery have been the best, health-wise, for Michael Sr. since the boys have come to live with him. The boys are on cloud nine and both the boys and Michael Sr. appear to be relishing the time they have together for these last few days. These boys do appear to enjoy being the sons of Michael Sr.

Well, it is 1 pm and I still have not lifted my leg. I will go to bed for a bit and rest the knee and see if that makes any difference.

I guess it is sort of good that I am lame. It makes it very clear that I do need to go home and get myself well.

This entire time up here has been such a blessing for me. God is so good.

May God richly bless you my loved ones. jk

1 comment:

vicki said...

Well, I guess the circumstances are indeed coming together to signal the end of your visit. Hope it won't take the Houston dr.s long to diagnose and treat your knee issues. If the rec. is to stay off it, I hope you will treat that like dr.'s orders and do it. When the time comes, travel safely and in the mean time, enjoy the Kelley boys of Indiana!