Friday, December 19, 2008

I slept like a baby in my double bed last night. It felt huge. I awoke at 6:59 and after a short communion with God, I alit to realize that an itty bitty respite from knee pain was here. This should last for a few minutes longer than it did yesterday. It lasted yesterday about 5 minutes. During this time Icontinue to use the walker, but there is no pain. While this is a short releif, it reminds me of how it will be like when it is back to my normal. I put out a wash and have read e-mail and facebook messages and am letting you know about my morning. I will take a shower when I complete this post and then hopefully be able to go to the cleaners and get the tems there before the 9o'clock cut off. Yikes!, It is already 8o'clock and there is no way I can make it prior to 9. Oh well, I will go and leave it any way and get it on Monday. Hope I remember.

I plan to go to Walgreens and get some milk.

The weather here is predicted to get into the lower 50s , so this should bode well for my knee. It is supposed to snow in Indianapolis. the boys will love that. Pray for them. They will be living in an apartment and , those of us who work/haqve worked in the public school system, know how difficult it is for children who live in apartments to receive the supervision they need. It is difficult to receive proper supervision from a hyper-vigilant parent, much less one who is less hyper and when "vigilance" is not invited to the suaray. (I don't know if I spelled that word correctly or not. I meant swar ay' )

I will exit now so I can begin this day. The boys go to their new school today. I hope they are more excited about their school after their visit today. I looked it up on the Internet and it looks like a good school. Its district is a ten star district --the highest designation -- in the state rating system. The school itself is a 7 star school, But as Kathryn and I know, they all cant be Lowery.

May God richly bless you my loved ones. jk

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you are "Up and AT 'Em" .
Hope your knee/leg is not a problem when you drive long distances. Glad to know the boys will have a quality school to attend---but you are so right---Lowery was the Best (Especially when we were there!)
Today, I am on my way to Austin (In the Rain).
Then on to Keller ( in the Rain) on Tues.
I pray for your safe return by Christmas. I pray for the happiness of all your grandsons, for your two strong sons, and for Ramona as well. In fact, these days, I'm praying most of the time for us all.
Love to you ---Kathryn

Ramona said...

i believe the word you are looking for is soiree. :o)

karsen is eating a banana right now, he is loving it.

Lyndsey said...

Glad for the respite and a good nights sleep. And must confess that I'm a little disapointed that Ramona beat me to the spelling correction. I may be related to Aunt Vic after all.

sj said...

Wow...know that you & your Newburg Clan have my heart and are a part on my ongoing conversation with our Lord & not just for today! I will wrestle with Him through this. Know that maybe you can be stronger the next few days knowing that I will be in charge of tears! My goodness, not a one of the 4 realize how very much they are loved!!! I ache for Mike the senior,one of my most favorite of relationships for so long... the source of joy to so many...living life on your own terms was never meant o be! Love each one of you Msr, B,Mjr & JK...You,JK, have been amazing over the past few months! You have given, given, given...modeled the servant leader all the time expressing the joy of the service...thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of this journey with you!

vicki said...

I may not get over pouting that I didn't get to spell soiree first. However, you did a great job with your phonetic spelling. JB just got home so must cut this short so I don't appear to be on the computer...