Sunday, December 14, 2008

This day has been better. My knee, while it is still lame, is being rested to the extent that it is only sort of excruciating when I walk. It is no longer hurting constantly as it has been , which has been occurring even when it has been immobile. I have been able to fix breakfast and put a load in the dryer and one in the washer. I have much more laundry to do, but at least I have been able to do some of it before the pain got too great.

Michael sr. is dong better than he has been dong in any of the other post surgery times. He did take the boys to the movie Saturday. Today he watched the Texans play the Titans on and off. He has napped today twice. He stays on the bed much of the day with the door open and the boys going in and out as they share things with him or he calls them in to share things with them. He fixed himself a steak on the grill about 3pm while the game was going on and ate it.
Right now he is in his room because the family is here and downstairs cleaning. One of the little girls is upstairs with the boys playing video games.

9:33p.m.
Michael stayed in his room for the rest of the day. The family left at 7 p.m. Michael sr. came out of the room to get his supper and then he and the boys went downstairs to see what the room looks like. Michael sr. said his right arm is hurting badly again. Please pray about this. How discouraging this must be.

I just found out that the boys will be leaving to go with their mother on Thursday evening. She plans to take them to their new school to see a Christmas program the school is putting on. So the last night I will spend with them is this Wednesday. What a shocker to me that we only have these few days left. It shouldnt be a shock, but it is. The boys will return on Sunday and we will have our Christmas. Then I will leave on December 22. Although Michael sr. just said that I will be leaving on Tuesday morning. So i don't know if I am leaving on the 22nd or on Tuesday, the 23rd. Of course, as the time draws nigh, I will certainly know when I am leaving. Anyway I will be in Houston for Christmas with Matthew and Ramona and Karsen. I think and hope Ramona's parents are sharing Christmas dinner with us, although I just now realize that I have not spoken with her about this in months. I love her parents. Did I tell you all that Ramona's mother is one month younger that Michael sr? Her daddy is about six years older than her mother, so I couldn't be his "mother" but I can be his friend . They are such good, sweet, east-to-love people.

Ramona, please call me.

I did not go to church today,due to my right knee. I did stay off of it for the better part of the day. If i can do this for the next two days, hopefully it will be OK.

Borders Books called me to let me know my book that Vicki recommended is in. So I plan to go there after I take the boys to school. It opens at 9 a.m. and I plan to be the first one in the store. I also need to go to Walgreens for some milk and orange juice and some more joint medicine. Other than these two things, i should be able to rest my knee for the rest of the day until I go to get the boys at their bus stop. I will probably put out another wash or two if I feel I can without jeopardizing the condition of my knee.

I have really enjoyed the challenges of being up here and helping and feeling so needed. The relationship that has been strengthened with my son, Michael sr. is a gift to last me the rest of my days. The relationship that has been established with each of my grandsons will last throughout my life, and in their memories long after I have gone to Heaven. I have given Michael jr. and Aidan a "grandmother's Blessing." I made this up. It is a prayer totally for them and my hopes for their life. I hope they remember this forever. What a gift for me to be able to do this. I do plan to give Brendan's "Grandmother's Blessing" too whenever we are alone. These boys have a tough road ahead. If they keep God as their Guide, they will be fine. That is my prayer for each of them.

Right now I am going to bed and hoping my knee will improve greatly during the night. This way I will be better able to meet the opportunties God puts in my path tomorrow.

May God richly bless you, my loved ones. jk

1 comment:

vicki said...

Glad you are feeling like you are improving. Lots of prayers were said for you and yours today. I hope relief will come soon for Mikey. What a drain to be continally feeling the pain after it should be long gone.

Sorry the boys will miss the Christmas parties with their own classes, which I assume are on the last day of school. I am sure Karen means well but that doesn't seem to me to be the best for the boys.

I do hope you continue to rest and pace yourself and I hope that when you get back to the Big H, you will be seeing a lot of doctors soon and very soon.