Saturday, December 13, 2008

This is my second post of the day, the first was in the wee hours of this morning and this one is occurring at 8:23a.m.

Michael took the boys for donuts this morning. This is something they do from time to time, although now that I think about it , I believe this is the first time they have done this since I arrived here in July. Michael sr has just not been in a place health-wise where a trip to the donut shop was something they could do. They went in the van, of course, and they took Zulu with them.

Zulu is like a new, more energetic dog now that Snowball has gone. Snowball's departure has really had a positive impact on everyone of us. I trust that Snowball is enjoying her new home and that she is appreciated and that she is not using the inside of the home for a toilet. Zulu has more energy and is receiving all of our attention and so much of it from all of us. She is so happy. I hadnt realized the negative impact of Snowball's presence on her and how Snowball's presence had caused Zulu's life to be deminished. She appears to be so much happier.

This morning Michael sr. doesnt look rested at all . In fact he looks so very tired and "spent", just as he has looked most of this time since I have been here. I have not been able to talk to him, but right now he is in his room with the door open and is lying on the bed with his eyes closed. I do not know if he is awake with his eyes closed or if he is sleeping. When they returned from the donut bank, he said he needed to lie down for a while .

I cleaned up the kitchen counters and the dishes. I had not cleaned up the kitchen in a few days. My knee is killing me. I am again using the walker.

Michael has just called the boys into his room and is talking to them. Earlier this morning, Michael sr. told me I have no responsibilty today other than to just be here. He is wanting to do all of the "taking care of the boys". I know the few days that remain of the boys' time living with their dad are slipping away and there is such poignancy in the air. While I was talking to Michael sr on Friday morning in the hospital, he was remarking of how he had so hoped that his time with his boys would have been so different, but he has really been sick the entire time. I sensed a huge bit of regret along with the resignation that there was nothing he could do about that. I believe he is wanting to have these last days be the very best they can possibly be. He is wanting to be the one they turn to for joy as well as discipline and "tending to". I will honor Michael's request. Pray for him and his sons for his love for them to beam through to them during these last days together. Please pray for his health to hold up for this time with them.
My concern has returned regarding Michael's health due to the drained look he exhibited this morning and continues to exhibit.. There was such hope yesterday. I/we must trust completely on our Father and God to guide these days. Actually, you realize that I feel we must trust God for guidance for all of our days, but I am just meaning especially these last few days with Michael and his boys. Precious precious boys (all four of them).

The boys are playing their WII game machine on the TV. I am praying that Michael sr finds sweet rest and recuperation. The boys are periodically going into their dad's room to give him updates on the game they are playimg on the WII, so there is really little chance that Michael will find rest. He is in pain.

Precious and dear Lord God, my Rock and Redeemer and Lover of my soul, I praise your grandour, your awesomeness, power, might and Your everlasting love and attention to all of your creation. You alone are to be praised and adored. Holy, Holy, Holy. All praise and honor are your's. In the name of my Lord and Savior this prayer of praise is lifted to You, my Father.

May God richly bless you, my loved ones. jk

1 comment:

vicki said...

Michael does need time to recuperate and we need to remember that it does take a little while to bounce back from surgery. I do hope that every day brings the joy of togetherness to the father and the sons. I do so appreciate your heartfelt prayers which we all can pray with you as we read. Love to all