Saturday, December 06, 2008

I am thinking that the cold weather may be the reason my joints are taking so long to stop hurting. I know my weight is the major factor in my joint pain, but I am wondering if the extreme cold is a strong contributing factor too, to the continuing pain in my knees and ankles. I just read about the impact of cold weather on arthritic joints and I think this is why I am having such a difficult time getting my knees back in line. Oh well. I love cold weather, but not if this is what happens with my knees. I have noticed that I am the only fat person in Newburgh. Honestly. There are no fat people here. Ah ha. They either never get fat here, or the weather hurt their joints to such an extent that they packed up and left.

It is hard to believe that, if all goes as planned, that I only have two weeks left to live up here in Newburgh. This is an event that comes with mixed feelings. The first feeling is joy to be going back home. The second feeling is of sadness in that I probably will never have this opportunity to feel this needed by Michael again. The fear is that I will not ever be able to spend any length of time with him and will not be able to be a part of his life to the extent I have been able to be for the last six months. I realize that I am having to cut the apron strings all over again just like when he left for college. I must treasure this time I have had with him to be a part of his life. Most mothers do not have this type of opportunity and I must be thankful for the time I had to again be an integral part of Michael's life. He is an adult and he lives in Indiana. I am his mother and I live in Houston. There is a sadness, because I know that Michael will not be calling me regularly or even often. Oh well. It is what it is. I must look at this as a "gift of time" and move on down the track. Gladness mixed with sadness. Grandsons and my older son.

Thank you, my Lord, for this gift. jk

No comments: