Saturday, December 06, 2008

Michael remains at home in his bed. One can easily tell that michael is sick. He said, himself, that he is sick with something. He had chills last night and he looks like he is sweating right now. He said he has no fever, although he has been taking his temperature to be sure he does not have a fever because if he did, he would need to get to the hospital ASAP at the first sign of fever. He said, fever indicates an infection. He said this sickness does not have anything to do with the surgery. I asked if he wanted anything from Starbuck's and he said,"Yes, I would like an iced, be sure it is iced, venti non-fat, caramel macchiatta with three splendas. Dont forget to make it iced. " When i gave the drink to him. he took it in his hands and just held it. He looks so sick. Exhausted.

When i was getting the Starbuck's drinks, it was snowing. Here in Newburgh, I have seen the big flakes,but this snow is in the form of minute snowballs that bounce on the car like ping pong balls as they land on the car. Teeny, tiny , silent little balls. so cute and so very cold. Cold with capital letters. I wonder if the cold weather has anything to do with the difficult time I am having with my knees and my ankles.

I will probably post again sometime today with an update on Michael. He was planning to go to a little peaceful town, New Harmony, Indiana, for this week end, but now this plan is off I imagine. Some huge change will need to occur for Michael to be able to even think about leaving his bed, much less the house.


The worker men plan to finish the basement today and then possibly return tomorrow to do final cleanup. I still do not know when the plumber will arrive to install the toilet and sink.

I will lie down for a nap.

May God richly bless you, my loved ones. jk

2 comments:

vicki said...

JJ, thanks for continuing to update. Sure hope these symptoms are short lived with Mikey. Loved your description of the snow. take all the cnances you get to rest. Hope the ankles and knees feel better tomorrow. Lylaf, btw. Tonight we cohost our dinner club party and tomorrow evening is the Republican Womens party/officer installation. did I mention the Sunday School party on Monday evening? At that point we slow down a bit. Hope we can go get a couch, which we are currently short one in the den. Maybe we can do the bean bag thing when company comes. So keep those cards and letters coming!

Unknown said...

Jan, look at the comment I sent on Friday.
I'm praying daily for Michael Sr, You and all your loved ones.