Friday, December 19, 2008

My Father in Heaven, Hallowed by thy name. All of the trees cry out your name. The leaves on the trees up here in Newburgh, shouted your name for weeks while my eyes beheld their beauty and dantiness as your wind rustled through the branches. I saw their individual beauty, their uniqueness as they hung together and showed a color mere man could never have imagined if he had not seen it from your hand first. A pink leaf. A purple leaf. One single yellow leaf on a tree. Lost in the radiance of the whole tree, but brightly showing, upon careful examination of all of the colors that made up this certain shade of tree leaves.

The rolling hills with squirrels chasing each other up and down the branches of this beauty, seemingly oblivious of their surroundings other than the other squirrels as they play.

Fields of grain, tall and green then turn yellow and then brown and then harvested and plowed under. Now field after field lie silent waiting for next year's planting.

50 degrees but the sun is shining and it feels warm, but it is 50 degrees. Still it is warm outside. Beautiful day.

The Newburgh sky is clear. The stars really twinkle and the moon glows.

Snow: flakes and these teeny tiny little balls of snow that bounce when they hit the windshield or the street. Did You think it was funny when they hit a surface and bounced like they do? I do.

A huge flock of birds. They are up so high. They look small. Another flock bigger than the last and three more flocks. Everyday, more flocks fly through the skies. To where? I dont know, but You do. You know every bird in each flock and you know when they fall. What a God You are!

Giver of life. Protector. Sustainer. Provider. Giver of souls. Creator of everything that breathes. Creator of rivers and streams, Rocks, all the eye can see. Lover of my soul. Friend, Father God. Holy, Holy Holy Lord God Almighty. Love. Redeemer.Savior.

Thank You for loving me. Thank You for thinking of me. Thank You for never leaving me. Thank You for my eyes that can see the beauty of Your hand, for my ears that can hear the wind rustle the trees and hear dogs bark and birds call to each other or perhaps just sing, for my heart that has the capacity to love and to love deeply and for my mind that can remember how very blessed I am.

Every good and every perfect gift is from Your hand.

You are the one true God and I worship You. Blessed be the name of my God forever and ever.

2 comments:

Brooks Inc. said...

Oh Jan- I love you so... What a beautiful prayer!

I pray you feel the Lord's Presence in everyway as you walk though this transition...praying for those precious boys and their dad!

BJB

vicki said...

Thank you for sharing the beauty and depth of your conversation with your Maker and Redeemer. May God bless you with years to walk and talk with Him and be able to share your thoughts with us. Praying that you and Mikey are healing and having a blessed day of rest.