Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I made it to Rawlgreens just fine. Vicki, I did not fall down by the Ibuprofene display, thank goodness. I did get the sympathy of the store personnel as they asked me at every turn if there was anything they could get for me. I made it out to the car just fine and put the stuff into the trunk and left the cart beside the handicapped post by the parking place. Victory without a walker. Although, Vicki, I must agree, using the walker is better than any of the scenes that you so alby described in your comment to me.

Dearest Bill, I really did not have time to go see anyone while I was in Houston. I trust that Walker had a ball and that you waited on Robin hand-and-foot throughout the holiday. I look forward to returning permanently to Houston and Champions church and the felowship of those I hold dear there. Pastor Bill and Sister Cassandra, to name two. Jeanie too.

Last night I delivered Brendan on time to his first choir performanc. It was for a school district secretaries' Christmas dinner. This morning I delivered the boys to school and before I got home, I received a call from the school that Michael jr. was in the nurse's office with a queezy stomach. Instead of telling them to "Tell him to suck it up and get back to class", I told the nurse that I would be out to get him as soon as I could. I picked him up and as soon as he got in the car, he said he was feeling better. Alas, I knew it. I told him that he should not be having fun with me as we drove home, and if he felt himself enjoying anything, that he was to think of something to get him feeling rotten again. We stopped by the butcher on the way home so we have some food for our evening meal. Right now he is on the couch watching tv. I dont know if that is the right thing to do, but that is what's happnin.

I will go get the load out of the washer and put it in the dryer prior to putting anther load in the washer and getting the dry load out of the dryer. Alas, it never ends. Although, since Ihave been back in Newburgh from Thanksgiving, I am concentrating on just taking care of the needs of the boys and not keeping the washing machine going all of the time. The only problen is like this morning when Brendan and Aidan told me they had no pants to wear to school. Great. It is 6a.m. and we need to leave at 6:3o and you tell me you have no pants to wear. Brendan found a pair that were barely worn and Aidan found a pair of camoflage pants that had a rip on both knees. I told him if anyone said anyting about the rips, to tell them he is a veteran and it happened in conflict.


I am enjoying these boys.

My knee is so much better today, As I walk on it, it is getting sorer, but I have not needed a cane yet today. Thanks for your prayers. I thanked God for the improvement this morning. It is so exciting when one sees such improvement and one realizes that there are folks praying for me. Love to all of you.

I will close now and get about the things i am getting paid to "get about". (just kidding about any pay)

May God richly bless you my loved ones. jk

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you made it to Rawlgreens. There is a stomach virus going aroun, hopefully Michael Jr doesn't have it. I think I do.
Wish I could hear your voice. Hang in there, you are a lifesaver to all.