Monday, December 01, 2008

Michael sr. did go to work today. His arm has more of its feeling returned, but pain is the problem now. He spoke with his neurologist and they are thinking about having surgery next week. This is not defintie, but probable. This will be another major put-you-to-sleep -with -an -intubtion-tube-down -your -throat surgery. " This time they will work on the "other thing" that is working along with the first "thing" to cause the numbness and pain. Michael sr. doesnt go into near enough, or really any detail , regarding this procedure or the problem, for that matter, to satisfy me. I am just left with the "probable" surgery next week. Evidently there are two nerves that are affected and the first one was taken care of in the first surgery. The second did not respond to the in-the-office surgery about two weeks ago, and so now we are at the point of needing a second major surgery to fix the second nerve .

Anyway, I fixed grilled hamburger steaks and mashed potatoes and carrots for dinner. All seemed satisfied.

My knee quickly goes bad when I put any weight on it at all. I am in hopes that another night of sleep with no pressure on the knee will be what it takes to get the knee back to fulfilling its usual purpose-filled life. Right now it is sort of tough to walk around the house with a cane and the pain of a bad knee.

Michsael sr. taught me how to steam vegetables in his steamer and they are smelling so good right now. It is time for the boys to shower and begin the process of getting in the mood for a night's rest.

May God richly bless you my loved ones. jk

1 comment:

vicki said...

Goodness me, it's always something, as they say. I certainly hope your gradual diminishment will ease the burden on your knee, and thus relieve the pain. But please use the cane or walker to ease the strain on your knee. Sure would hate for you to preempt Mikey and need the surgery before he does. I presume his will be scheduled so that you'll know several days in advance and can prepare for it. I hope his dr. buds will insist that he not be driving to or from the next surgery and that he will not be dismissed quickly on his own say so. Just in case you are wondering, we have not decked the halls but at least the decs are no longer in the attic. How long til Christmas again????