Sunday, November 23, 2008

Boy was this a beautiful day. The sun was out all day and the cold was crisp but oh so bearable. About 50 after a low in the high 30s. The workers came and finished the grounting of the tile. They said they will be back tomorrow. This really may get finished by Thanksgiving.

The boys all went to church with me today. As I have told you before, I think, this church has class for Michael and Aidan while, Brendan is in the large room for a devotional time and then the childrn play all sort of games: basketball toss, air hockey, a bowling type game on a game board, and many other things. There is a store that the children can use the "money" they earn in their class to purchase junk food or junk toys. Then after an hour of this, the boys switch, with Brendan going to class and Michael jr. & Aidan going to the big room. While all of this is going on I am attending church for the first hour and then my class for the second hour. This works so nicely. My class was on Acts and we were in the second chapter. A great discussion occurred in the class with some very learned and spiritually led men and women mKing great comments in the class. Everyone is around my age or a bit younger or older. The teacher is 46. It was a very rewarding day and I so enjoy the fellowship of fellow believers and the time I spend praising my Lord. Although I love my church at home, I will truly miss this fellowship when I leave. They have been a blessing to me and some of them act as if and have said to me that I have been a blessing to them. Like a family of believers. Wonderful.

The boys played on and off all afternoon. There was a near crisis when it was discovered that the tv screen remains black and we are unable to turn it off. The children just went outside and Aidan had his brother, Michael jr., played with ech other inside for the first time since I have been here. All is great with no tv.

For dinner, I grilled some pork steaks and made some rice and peas. Brendan informed me that he has hated peas since he was a baby. He ate about 10 of them, gagging the entire time. Aidan proclaimed that he liked them. He did not, however, want seconds of the peas. They had applesauce for dessert. The rice Midhael sr, buys is so good. I forget thename of it, but it is etraordinary. Trust me.

Today was a tiring day, but I loved it. It is tiring because there are three boys and if you are not dealing with the three of them at the same time. you are dealing with one of them and they seem to come to you in a successin that does not allow for any down time. I do love nurturing these boys.

I think I may have lost another 2 grams.

Aidan finished three book reports this week end and they are in his back pack ready to turn in tomorrow. I am very proud of him, although he continues to act like all school work is such a pain, he does work to turn in a good finished product. He is a doll.

I plan to make blueberry muffins tomorrow for breakfast. Then I have one more day to get ready to leave for Houston. I plan to work like the dickens tomorrow so I will be able to leave from the school on Tuesday when I drop off the boys at 7:30a.m.

I am going to hit the hay. May God richly bless you, my beloved. jk

3 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Glad you had such a good day! What are the travel plans for Tuesday/Wednesday?

Unknown said...

Glad to hear the book reports are "in the can," as we broadcast people often say. And bless you for the gram reports. Nothing like paving the way for low expectations from your peops (pronounced peeps), but I am delighted that you are making progress, however modest, in that area of your life. JB and I leave today for scenic Tucson, so call when you can. We'll be on the road awhile, including tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Actually, Vicki said that. Since Veeves also uses this machine, it tends to reject my requests to be me instead of her. Guess she's just more technologically assertive.