Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Well I made it to Texarkana by 7:30p.m. and I am calling it a day from driving. I left at 7:30a.m. and drove for 12 hours. I had planned to get out about every two hours to stretch my legs and for the most part, I did. Right now my legs are killing me. It is restless leg that is bad. I would get the restless leg feeling after about three hours of driving. It got sort of bad right before I got to Texarkana. I had gone about four hours without a stretch. Right now I have taken a double dose of the Mirapex medicine. I plan to talk to the doctor, because I seem to need a double dose every once in a while and it is occurring more often than not lately.

I am staying at the Hampton Inn and this room sort of stinks. It smells like someone needed to spray after a trip to the bathroom. Sorry if I am making you sick. I had planned to go to bed early,but I am having a bit of a difficulty getting to sleep. So I thought I would blog for a bit. My plan was to get up ultra early in the morning and leave for Houston, but I will have to wait to see when I wake up. If I wake up early, as is my habit, I will leave early. If I wake up late, then I will leave later.

I looked at the predicted weather in Houston for tomorrow and it is 70. I am wearing a cold weather outfit and will need to get into my suitcase for some warmer-weather clothes when Iget there. I have brought all of my summer clothes home with me, so when I pack in December for the final trip home, I will have less to pack. Rats. I love cold weather.

I have not looked at myself in a full length mirrow since June. ther is one in this room and I am amazed at how huge I continue to be. I have been losing a few grams and it is obvious to me that "grams" is probably the more accurate term to be using. I am disgusted with the way I look. Unbelievable. Pray for me and for the gift of the spirit that I do not appear to possess, that being self-control. My mercy. I am a big woman. Pitiful.

As i drive, I am listening to the Bible on tape and I call my learned friend, Ronnie Wiggins, when I have a question about something I am hearing. He is a fountain of knowledge and really helps me understand more deeply what I am hearing. I am embarrassed to say that I have never read the Bible all the way through. I am 62. Shameful, but I am really enjoying listening. I am presently toward the end of Job. I called Ronnie about three or four times and he seems always willing to take the time to mentor me. I am confident that he will be called tomorrow also.

I received calls today from Lyndsey, Valerie, Vicki and Ramona. Suzy called me after I got to Texarkana and was going into the room 121. These calls helped me a lot to pass the time. Valerie even looked up how long it would take to get from Memphis to Little Rock and from Little Rock to Texarkana. She is a jewel. She is the one who challenged me to get to Texarkana instead of stopping in Little Rock as my body was telling me to do. Right now I am so glad I accepted her challenge and got this much closer to home. I just wish I would get sleepy.

I am going to call it a day for this blog.

May God richly bless you, my beloveds. jk

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you got all the way to Tex. In fact... I think I'll call you right now to make sure you're on the road!