Thursday, November 20, 2008

Yesterday I was busy all day and didn't have time to do anything other than the things I do everyday. Michael is off today, but I told him to sleep in today, since he worked till midnight, and that I would take care of getting the children up and to school.

This morning I gave them a choice for breakfast. I served one oatmeal and the other two, cereal. Easy as pie. However, there was another event of a morning. Delima of the morning: one of the dogs had pooped on Aidan's toys and Aidan stepped in it and wiped his foot off on Michael jr.'s coat. This was a delima and deserved dire consequences. I told Aidan to get in the shower to remove the poop and I gave him his punishment which is: on Friday, when I plan to give them one hour to play with their friends in their old neighborhood, Aidan will not be allowed to play, but will sit in the car with me. (I am actually looking forward to that.) I did not find any poop on Michael jr.'s coat, but I cleaned at it anyway. I gave it the OK after I gave it the "smell test" and it came away smelling like a rose. All was well.

On my return trip, I stopped by Starbuck's to get a tall non-fat, decaf, latte with a shot of vanilla and one splenda. I took the first gulp of the hot brew and immediately felt alive and prepared for my "day off" and the activities of my choice. I then went to Rawlgreens to pick up a perscription and then did a little Walgreens shopping.

Now I am home. My hands are so dry and daily I put cream on them several times. They continue to be dry, so today at Rawlgreens I purchsed some Burt's Bees Hand Repair Cream. This may do the trick, although it smells to high Heaven and I think it has cleared up my sinuses for good. I may need to get some for Lyndsey , for i feel it will clear up any health malady that continues to plague her, especially sinus issues.

I think I will rest today, then get caught up on the laundry. I will straighten up too. I am not sure if Michael willl cook the supper tonight or if I will do it.

Michael is so tired and is continuing to have difficulty sleeping with the schedule he has been working. He has been working lot and is nearing exhaustion, I believe. He had incurred many expenses as a result of his medical issues in July and the ensuing month off work. I believe he schedules about 15 work days a month normally (this --15 days--is what they paid him for in the month of August when he was off recuperating), and then he fills in as much as they need which is really every day. He feels he will be able to take some time off when January comes. Pray for him. He is choosing to bear the burdens of life alone- without the sustinence that comes from an involed relationship with our Lord. It is so obvious to me the toll this is taking on him. Please pray for him and his return to his Father God, and the ensuing revival of his spirit.

Also pray for Matthew (Matthew I know you are reding this :-) I love you ), that he will hold on to the Lord's hand and that he and Ramona return to the fellowship of the saints. It is so easy to drift away and rationalize non-attendance until non-attendance becomes the habit instead of faithful attendance. Belive me, I KNOW this is true. I have lived it. I thought I was so close to God and I was drifting all of the time. I am so thankful to the postman, whom I believe was lead by God to my door, for his encouragement to me to get back into the fellowship and for his recommending Champions as the place to go. I would probably never have chosen Champions, but it is the place for me and the Lord has blessed me at this church. Immediately, I realized the situation I had allowed myself to feel very cofortable in, and what I had been missing. I thank God for His patience with me as I struggled with so many things.

The worker- men have been working very hard for the last couple of days and have almost completed tiling the entire basement floor. They told me that they will be working on it in December. The fast-talking saleman/low-bid-guy had told me they would be finished by the end of this week. The workers told me that he tells everyone that, but since there are only two workers, they will probably not finish until the week after Thanskgiving. Then they may need more days. I just found out that the plumber will have to return to install the toilet and sink. I thought these men would be able to do that too. They have done everything else so beautifully, even though they are a bit past the deadline of July 18.

It is supposed to get to the low 40s today. Right now it is 35. It is overcast and is predicted to be overcast all day. This cold is bearable because there is no wind today. My coat arrived yesterday as well as some warm pants and a warm top. The other two tops I purchased are a smaller size for when the weight begins to fall off. The larger-sized shirt I am presently wearing fits loosly. Pray for that too.

Well, I hope you all are doing well and are healthy and are thanking our Lord God Almighty for each new day He has provided for us. Praise Him and His goodness and His faithfulness. May He richly bless you , my loved ones. jk

1 comment:

rd said...

Jan, sounds like you're having a good day, may it continue so...rd