Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Finally a bit of time for me to post news of the day. Today was a holiday, Veterans' Day, and the day the boys and I went to have our pictures made. It was raining when we went in to the studio. Fortunately we did not get too wet. The darlings were a bit hyped up when we got inside the studio. The ceilings are very high and the boys discovered a slight echo, which they found very entertaining for a while. We were the only customers there at the time and I believe this gave the boys a sense of freedom. They responded appropriately to me when I told them to get their feet off the couch and again when I told them to stop sliding on the floor on their stomachs and again when I asked them to stop the "crab walk" races. The photographer was good with them and he did take control. They responded appropriately to the photographer when he asked them to keep their feet off of the wall. All in all, it really was a very good eperience and we got a good shot of us together. I seclected only one pose and I will have a picture of my own, some for them and I think 3 wallets. I am very pleased, but I do hae a portly look about me that shines clearly in this picture. I am so glad I did this. This has been such a wonderful time for the boys and I to be together, and this picture will dhronicle this time we have shared together.

I love seeing them with their daddy when he gets home from work at a time when they are still awake. Today Michael worked 8:30 to 5:30, but he worked an etra hour and got home around 7. Tomorrow he works 4 to 1 and the boys will only see him for a bit when they get home from school, unless Michael takes them to school tomorrow. He did not tell me he was going to take them to school toorrow, so I will take them. We are out of cereal and I am not sure what I will fix. I do have some sausage and some biscuits and some "cherry butter" made by the Amish. So that may be it. I also have some milk.

I havent spoken about the Veterans' Day program Brendan had at school on Monday. I got there late and only saw the last 20 minutes of the program. He was on the top row and looked so handsome. He was looking around and when he saw me, he was grinning ear to ear. They sang the militry songs for all of the armed forces groups we have. At one point all of the veterans were asked to stand for us to aplaud them. Our applause lasted an extra long time. I thought this was so poinient and so good for the children to see our respect for those who have served us in the armed forces.

When the program was over, I realized that their mother had been there too. She was planning to stay for lunch with all of the boys and she asked me to stay with her and I did. That was really enjoyable. The boys all were very attentive to both of us and kept introducing us to everyone. Aidan was so cute. He kept pointing to each of us and saying, "My grandma and my momma" Sometime he woud point to his mother and say "granma" and to me and say "momma" and he got a real kick out of this. He has told me how I dont look like a grandma and that I am pretty. (This of course, thrills me to pieces. ) I think it is because of the heavy make up that I am never without that makes him say that. I color my hair and the cane doesnt even bother him. Its my heavily made up face and colored hair that make me a pretty grammy. He calls me "Grammy" but when he talks about me he says "Grandma". When all of the lunches were over Karen and I parted. It was pleasant, however, I am always on pins and needles. When I got home, she had asked Michael, if he would ask me to drive half way to meet her when she picks up the boys. this Friday and drops them off on Sunday afternoon. I, of course, quickly said "yes" and dredded it as soon as I had walked out of the room and the plans had been finalized. I am such a goof. Michael had already told her he wasnt going to drive to meet her that she could drive all the way here if she wanted to see the boys. This is becuase she is so erratic in the times one is to meet her. What a mess. Oh well, I will be driving half way up toward Indianapolis this Friday to deliver the boys and then again on Sunday afternoon to get the boys.

Tonight I had them pick up around the house and in theor room and to get their clothes out of my room. They all slept in my room last night because there was no school today. Michael jr, in the bed with me, continually asking me to "move over" and then Brendan and Aidan packed like sardines on pallets on the floor. The challenge is to make my way through the maze in the middle of the night when I need to go to the bathroom. I have cleaned up a bit and there is more clear space on the floor right now. But, we have a rule that the boys sleep in their own beds on school nights. This is good, because I never sleep well when I share my bed with one of my little squirming grandsons.

I hope and trust you all have had a grand day. Hopefully you were able to see and tell a veteran "thank you" today. We do live in such a blessed nation. We are a blessed people because we call God "Father" and he hears us, and knows the number of hairs on our head. love love jk

No comments: