Thursday, November 27, 2008

Well I arrived at my house at 3:15 p.m. on Wednesday. I was met by Matthew and Flash, his Italian Greyhound. Ramona and Karsen also came out to meet me and to invite me inside. Karsen held his arms out to me and as I took him in my arms, I realized that Ramona and Matthew had decorated my house for Christmas. It took my breath away. They also had decorated a small tree and placed it in the sitting area of my bathroom. So beautiful. It warmed my heart. Blessings on Jan.







I was suprised at how I felt when I first saw my house. You know I had come home in October for two days, but I was sick at the time and I didnt really get to "see" anything. I was impressed by the beauty of my bedroom and the whole home in general. Because I have these renteres (Matthew and Ramona) there is a bit more clutter than I am used to, but the benefits of having renters, far surpasses the bit of clutter that comes with them. Their company is devine and I get to be by my grandson, Karsen, and watch his every move. Besause I was sick the last time I was here, I was not able to be around Karsen, so this visit is like the first real visit I have had with him since I left in June. Boy, has he grown! He is long and oh, so lean. Precious and another blessing on Jan.









We had decided to have our Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday so Ramona had already cooked all of the food. It was delicious. She fixed mac & cheese, mashed potaotes, green bean casserole, dressing broccolli casserole, deviled eggs, and she had a cheese and sausage tray for us to snack on while we were waiting for all of the food to be placed on the counter for our buffet. To say the food was delicious is a huge understatement. Ramona is a great cook. Just think, she is taking 18 hours this semester, while taking care of Karsen and Matthew and she still made time to fix this dinner. We are blessed by her in our lives. Oh, I almost forgot, the piece d'resistnce: Matthew made two bowls of banana pudding for dessert.





Our famiy for Thanksgiving consists of Jery & Lisa, Rmna's parents, and Joe & Tanya, Ramona's brother and his girlfriend. We had such a lovely time. Ramona's parents are so easy to love. Please pray for Lisa. She had a headache at our dinner and it grew increasingly more intense as the evening progresses. She had a hedache that remained all through dinner and increased in severity as the evening progressed. She learns the results of a MRI she had done on Wednesday this Friday to determine if there is a brain tumor as her doctor suspects. We are praying for something else more easily taken care of.



It is now Friday morning and I have been unable to post and I have to keep ....it just went out again. I will post even though I am not finished. I will leave tomorrow for the trip home to Newburgh, Indiana. Did I say "home" ? My left knew is really giving me an issue with walking.
May God richly bless you my beloveds. jk

No comments: