Sunday, November 09, 2008

Church was a wonderful celebration of our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ this morning.
Did I tell you that they pass out communion all at once and let us hold it and take it when we are ready? This is such a precious time. It is between me and my Lord. I pray and remember and try to maintain my focus on the sacrifice that was made out of such a deep love for me by my Savior and Lord. Then I take the communion and pray some more. The whole church is silent while this is occurring. There are cup-holders on the back of the pew in front of me where I put the used cup.
This morning I was a minute late and I had to sit on the front pew with the ministers. I think people thought I was going to say a few words. Just kidding. Although, I did think the minister was a bit shocked to see me there, but whispered to me that he was glad I found a seat. We stand alot when we sing and it was during song that the preachers come up front while we are all standing. Once again, wonderful praise service and great communion with my fellow "emersed believers". That is a phrase they use.
It is cold in Newburgh today and since I dont own a coat, I purchased some fur-lined crocs and that and a long-sleeved sweater-type top is what I wore to church this morning. I tell you, them thar fur-lined crocs keep one's feet pretty toasty. It was about 42 degrees. There is no sunshine today, just cold. Dry and cold. I am loving it. My window is shut.
The boys' mother is returning them tonight at 6. Michael will go out with Brendan to purchase some kacki pants for his program tomorrow.
I have already made an appiontment for Tuesday, Noember 11, at 10 a.m. to have my picture taken with the boys on their school holiday for Veteran's Day. Now, I understand from Michael sr. that she is planning to get them after my picture session. I pray, literally, that she will not say she is gping to get them and bring them to me prior to our photo session. I plan to call the photographer on Monday and let them know that if she shows up and asks to be incuded in the pictures to say they cant do that. I must be prepared for anything. The last I heard from Michael, is that she is going to come pick them up at the studio after our session. My mercy.

Now for all of my many readers (again, just kidding, and trying to make me feel so popular) the "Bill" who first gave the response of the verse in Revelation, is my favorite fellow Christian at Champions church in Houston. He has also been my Bible teacher and preacher. He is about 36 and is the Involvement minister at Champions. God has blessed him with wisdom, a strong desire to serve God and a charisma that draws the masses to him. I love him. He has a wife and a son, Walker, who is the church's love and mascot. Everyone is always watching Walker and commenting on everything he does. He is naturally just a doll. He is about 2 but looks like he is 4 and never met a stranger. I think he will be like his dad. I dont know Robin, Bill's wife, very well, and she may rub off on Walker some too. I just know that Bill is a chosen man of God and I am privileged to know him and learn from him. I also laugh at his every word,unless he is talking about the Bible. You all will get to know him in Glory and we can all laugh then. I wish he was rleated to us by blood so we could enjoy him at our family functions. Pray for him. He is such a blessing to so many, and he knows that liars go to the lake of fire.

I have taken a nap and am geting ready to go give the attempt at the kitchen floor and the cleanliness thereof. I dont know how far i will get.

I plan to leave here on Tuesday before Thanksgiving, arriving in Houston on Wednesday afternoon, and return on Saturday arriving in Newburgh on Sunday. I am so excited.

I pray for your health and safety as I am away from you. God has blessed us all with so many gofts and our love and friendship is one of those gifts. The greatest gift, of course, is our shared bond in our love for our God and Savior. I love you all. jk

No comments: