Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Well, I took the boys to school this morning and once again we had a great ride to school. This time it was the conversation we shared, because the loveliness of the leaves is in the last throse of its holding-on-to-my-leaves right before the winter and the trees await the only beauty I guess they will possess during this new season, and that is the beauty of snow on their bare branches. Conversation with my grandsons, however, is wonderful and is not dependant on the seasons for its beauty.



The boys are gearing up for our departure from each other. They are ralizing that a long visit like this probably will not occur again. They are very excited about going to live with their mother, but know they will miss our time together. I am trying to let them know that this time we have had is a gift to us from God and we have been able to just deepen our love for each other. If we do not get to be together like this again, it is fine because we have our wonderful memories of this time. (I reminded them that these memories are preserved in our hearts and in the pictuees we had made at the photographer .)Even the times when I have been, as Brendan puts it occassionally in his nightly prayers, "a pain in the neck". Brendan was asking me last night, if I will be alive when he is 25. He said, "Isnt that when a person leaves their home?" I said that "A person usually leaves home when they go to college at 18". I think he was thinking that he would come live with me when he leaves home at 25. I have so enjoyed this time with the boys. I pray and I invite you to pray for God to surround them and protect them in the life they are evidently having to live at this time. I see their love for their daddy and that does bring me joy. However, their daddy does not hold to a belief in God and that creates a great void in his "fatherhing" of these precious souls. Their mother regularly shares a skewed knowledge of God as she seeks to gain control of their thoughts. She continues to undermine w=thingsMichael does to discipline them. It is scary to me. Please pray for God's protection and for a preservation of their child-like faith in Him. Hlep the seed to germinate and them to have a desire to read His word to find the truth. (Actually, please forgive me for my hautiness and pride. I do not want to tell you what to pray for them. I ask that you pray for them whatever our God puts on your heart to pray.) They are so vulnerable and yet so strong. I wish I had more time wth them, but I know I am needed to help with Karsen. Please pray that the time I have left with them, is condoned and led by God almighty. This is my mission at this time.

I really dont know if I will see the time that Michael returns from his prodigal ways. This saddens me so, but I know that I am to cling to my Lord and Savior. I always felt my purpose was to raise Godly children . The only one I am certain about is my precious Mandy, who is safe in the arms of Jesus, as i write. My precious Matthew believes and so does Ramona and they both have been emersed for the remission of their sins, but they do not have a church home. Karsen will not learn by osmosis. I know Matthew and Ramona are reading this, and I want them to know that I know they are Christians and I derive joy for them from that. I just know how Satan is seeking to devour all of us and this life is hard and we get such strength for the journey by gathering with fellow Christians and uniting in our worship to God. Karsen would benefit from this right now in the classes he would be attending and in the nursery during the sermon. I know that Bill Rascoe would be their favorite, right after our Lord, of course, and they would revel in the love and strength that comes from fellowship with fellow believers.

It is overcast here for the second day in a row. "Sprinkles" as they forecast here are predicted for another day and then sunshine on Friday. In Texas we would say"drizzling rain" predicted off and on all day. Either way, I guess, it gets the message across.

I took a nap when I returned home from taking the boys to school.

I am thinking of Lyndsey and her best freind, Sandy, who is visiting Lyndz in NYC from California. I am knowing they are having a blast. There has probably ot been a single break in their conersation since Sandy landed. Bless you Sandy, and i trust that you girls are reveling in every minute.

Friends are our gift from God, especially when we share our faith in Him. You are my friends and I thank God for you and the role we play in each other's lives.

May God richly bless you, my beloved. jk

2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Good morning JJ! We are having a blast - such a blast that I slept through my alarm and was an hour late for work. Oops! If you want to join us, we're seeing Equus tonight (!!!) and then meeting up with more of the ACU gang at a piano bar so all of my little actors can sing their hearts out. Any requests? Love you so! PS - I have 2 new churches I'm going to check out this weekend! Here's hoping...

rd said...

Jan, I know you are feeling a sense of loss, as the children will soon be leaving to go back to mom. However, what you have brought to them by your time with them will not be forgotten by them. Your desire to see your children living for the Lord is a desire understood and shared by all christian parents. I have a daughter who would say she is a christian, but I am not sure the Lord knows her. He knows those who are His. I pray for her and she knows what I would like for her life. Last christmas I bought bibles for her and her husband. Yet, I must realize that she doesn't belong to me. Gloria and I were entrusted with her from the time she was fifteen days old and we adopted her, but she belongs to God just as my other two daughters do who are active members of the church. I trust that God may be able in His own way to reach His child. I will do what I can, but its between her and God. The same is true of your children. However, don't give up trying to influence them. Maybe some of the things we have talked about might be blessed by God and can make a difference. My prayer is that Michael will read D'souza. If you are willing to read Hitchens, surely he will humor you be reading D'souza and maybe constructive discussion can follow. Have a great day!

rd