Tuesday, November 04, 2008

It is morning and I have the morning "off" today so I have another day to respond to my many response givers, and to whom I owe so much joy and pleasure in my life, and another day to try to make myself mop the kitchen. Among yesterday's purchases was a box of wet pads for my swiffer mop which I will attemp to give it another go at trying to get he mop job done.

In response to Anony Mouse's querie:
I like the swiffer wet mop because it has a spray that goes out ahead of the mop head when you push a button and wets the immediate place you are mopping. I feel like a commercial when I am gliding about the floor mopping except for when I am really pushing my swiffer and the handle comes off, which seems to occur when I am really going at it and feeling like I am conquering the filth. Then of course, comes the let down that means that perhaps I am not the conquerer I had thought I was. It can be a real downer when your mopping expertise is shown to be so shoddy if you let it bring you down and your feeling of a lack of "value". So then I look for other ways to measure my "value". Make note that I do not measure my "virtue" by my mopping expertise, because my mopping experise is not a reflection of my "virtue". My "virtue" is expressed in my continued work to fulfill my goal of a clean kitchen floor. Because I have the "virtue" of doing all tasks well. Now for the raising of my sense of my value, I look at the stack of clothes that I have washed and I fold them and I find my sense of value is heightened.

Times are different now, I am not rewarding myself with a bite of something. I have lost an ounce or two in the past week. I tell you, life is good and is getting better.

I would like to take this moment to thank my comment friends. Your words of response to me lifted my spirits so high that I might get out the clorox wipes today and just see what good i can do. I am inspired.

4 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Good morning JJ - this computer told me you posted at 3:52am - that can't possibly be right, right? I'm also an owner of the swiffer wetjet, but I don't think that my vote should count as much as everyone elses since my kitchen is approximately the size of your closet. Glad you're enjoying your days off! Much love to you and all those boys. I'm currently on day 2 (of 3) of the TV job and enjoying getting paid to watch election coverage all day long!

Anony Mouse said...

Have you cast your vote for Obama yet?

vicki said...

Mercy, I get the vapors just thinking of the clorox wipes! I'm sure you can see your face in that shiny floor by now! Do you know little Veeves is driving homeward as we speak? We plan to sup the traditional El Fenix meal of the Pilgrim Goodes tonight at 7ish. Wish you could be here

Unknown said...

Glad the mop works for ya!

Thanks for calling during the drive yesterday. It definitely made 14 hrs pass much quicker!