Saturday, November 22, 2008

Well it is 12:28p.m. and I have just finished getting myself ready for the day. Michael has the day off after his 4 to 11:30 shift (he got home at midnight) and he slept in while I fixed the boys breakfast. I fixed hamburger patties to look like sausage since I was out of sausage and needed to use the hamburger meat up. I also fixed scrambled eggs and cheese. Michael jr. says he doesnt care for scrambled eggs with cheese, but the other boys love them so I fixed them this morning and received "raves" from two of the boys. Since my talk or "life lesson" as my sister, Vicki ,suggested i call my "lectures" Michael jr, ate the eggs without compliment or complaint so, I consider that a victory.

Right now the workers are down in the basement working feverishly to finish before Thanksgiving. Michael sr. called the low-bid bossman and said something that he needed to either finish this up by thanksgiving or to epect michael sr to be at his house on thanksgiving day wanting to know why it wasnot finished. I have a feeling that the worker men will be here every day. I think they are putting the trim up now. I think the floor must be completed. I dont know if they have grouted the tile yet,but it is definitely coming along. Michael sr. and the boys went down to inspect it this moring before they left to go bowling, and all I heard was "oohs" and "ahhs". It really is going to be so nice for them when it is finished.

As I said, the boys are out bowling and Michael sr. is taking care of their dinner so I am "off". Right now my upper back between my shoulders is hurting me because I pulled m feet up to be able to use my ped-egg on the bottoms of my feet and it was a struggle to get my feet up due to the portly nature of my legs in gerneral. However, the swelling in my feet and ankles has completely vanshed. Hallelu...i dont know how to spell that word and I am not going to look it up.

I spoke with Vicki this morning and she and Valerie are going to Fort Worth in order to attend a surprize birthday party for my brother-in-law, Morton Jeffrey. He is a wonderful, wonderful man whom I love just like a brother. Honestly, if he were my own flesh and blood, I could not love him more. He is funny and fun and a man of faith. A wonderful husband to my sister, Suzy, and father to my neices and nephews. A great grandfather too. he has blessed our lives. We used to say my mother loved him more that all of her children. I think she might have really. We understood. He is that great of a man. His birthday was november 14, but his party is today. Happy Birthday, Morton.

My back is feeling better

I think I have purchased all of my Christman presents. They have all been delivered via UPS and they are all at this time in the living room of Michael sr.'s house. I plan to unpack them and rearrange them so I can take Karsen's home with me when I leave this Tuesday. I am honestly getting very excited about this trip. I can hardly wait to get back to my Houston family and to my home my temperpedic. I am excited to see Karsen and Matthew and Ramona. Please be in prayer for Lisa Spurbeck, Ramona's mother. Lisa is having headache after headache and is trying to get insurance approval for the MRI the doctor is wanting to do. He feels it may be a brain tumor. Lisa's mother had a brain tumor and there is fear that this is a familial thing. Please pray for Lisa. She is so sweet. Pray for her also, because her husband, son and his girlfriend are needing to have Lisa be strong for them because they are having such a difficult time dealing with this possiblilty. Then Ramona, is having to be strong for her mother when her mother calls ramona. Ramona, is so sweet and loving and is trying to finish up her college career this sememster and take care of Karsen and Matthew and her family. She really is so busy she is running on auto-pilot i think. Please pray for this entire situation.

Well, I think I will go and get about the "busyness" or "calmness" of the day, whichever I feel like.

May God richly bless you all, my beloveds. jk

No comments: